Passat Wagon: a shit box looking for a new beginning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Passat Wagon: a shit box looking for a new beginning

So if you don't know me yet, I own a rust bug that old people have given me the finger for driving (this is not a joke). I decided I wanted a daily that can be a truck, parts hauler, car tow-er, and sweet daily all wrapped up in one sweet ride. I finally picked up my 1995 Passat wagon vr6 5 speed unicorn from hiding and got it to the shop today. Decent milage and a bright future, I have high hopes for this turd.

It sat under a tree for about 8 months, so naturally I had to scrub it three times over before pushing it into the shop. It wouldn't run and it was quite obvious the fuel pump didn't care to do its job anymore. Replaced that and had it running by the time I left this evening.

The only other problem that was brought to my attention from the previous owner was a water leak from the front of the motor, which is oh so common. So I ordered every coolant part that normally likes spilling its guts to the world and should be installing all that jazz tomorrow along with coilovers and new tires.

Ultimately, this car will be put on air and have alittle more power to it. I am refinishing some Porsche wheels and having them powdered this winter so I can be accepted by my peers. (Jk, eff you guys jk, please don't ** me . )

I'll probably bore you guys more with progress later.

not a bad beginning, have a mod move this to the builds section

Instagram: @half_lung

Comment

Hell yeah man b4 wagon VR6, these are def some of the cooler cars VW has made I have always wanted one good luck with it, make it sick.
      Originally posted by s t a y g o l d
      and don't trash talk people, that's for hos at the club.
      S4 Avant - Build Thread

Comment

Little update.
        Mounted tires on my temp wheels.
        Replaced radiator, coolong fans, all plastic coolant flanges, thermostat, and crack pipe as well as deleted that silly secondary air pump.

Then I discovered the secondary waterpump was eatin itself alive, so that shit was replaced.
        Then I found this.

So this happened.

So now that that's all done and temp chills around 200 degree, it's onto upgrading brakes and suspension. During my test drive I heard bearings roaring like they wanted to eat me, so all that jazz is on the chopping block as well.

Comment

Been slacking on updates.
          New brakes all around.
          New wheel bearings all around.
          New control arms with poly bushings.
          Coilovers installed.
          Tires on.

Drove it home Tuesday.

Dehazed my headlights and installed all my frontend lighting.

Repainting my badgeless grille and then it'll go on.
          Still need to put plugs in it, but I'm not complaining about the gas milage.

Don't mind the gas gauge. Parts ordered.

Comment

Working...
          X