Volk te37 legit check please?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Volk te37 legit check please?

Hey guys, im looking to purchase a set of te37, the rear are 19" and has the MONOBLOCK and made in japan / rays eng / forged engraving on the wheels, however, the front are 18" and dont have the engravings. im aware that they started having the engraving afters 2010 for all wheel sizes but i would still like a second opinion if these wheels are legit or not.

Here is the only pictures I got of them, any help would be greatly appreciated

(the front wheels in this picture)
    Last edited by g35fnatic; 05-01-2015, 01:16 AM.

When you say engravings, do you mean the cast 3D letters, or literally engraved? I know the new stuff is engraved, but thought it was much more recent than 2010 that they started doing that. Before that they always had the cast 3D lettering around the rim in between the spokes.

Comment

Originally posted by Beware View Post
      When you say engravings, do you mean the cast 3D letters, or literally engraved? I know the new stuff is engraved, but thought it was much more recent than 2010 that they started doing that. Before that they always had the cast 3D lettering around the rim in between the spokes.
      Yeah sorry, wrong choice of word. I meant the 3d letters. What are your thoughts on the 18" wheels btw?

Comment

I'm no volk expert and the pics of the front wheels suck, but to me the front wheels don't look right, i can't pinpoint why but they look off to me. I wouldn't pay real wheel price for anything with the proper markings. One of the easiest ways to tell is to have the tires taken off and weigh them, I dont think the reps will be close to as light as real volks.
        95 ucf20. static, flatbelly, 18x11 18x12.5 lots of camber.

be my internet friend on the gram @thisisdalton

Comment

Make sure the stickers on the inside look right.

In addition, I've heard fakes have the VIA and JWL stamping around the valve stem backwards. I have some fake te37s drift spares for an e30 and the JWL is on the left, and VIA on the right. Yours seem to be in the right order. That doesn't prove anything, but it's something.

You should be able to visibly tell the difference between the front and rear wheels if there is an imposter in the set, have him sent you close pictures of the spokes, lips, centers, markings, etc on all wheels. Te37s usually have metal Rays stamped valve stems as well.
          Last edited by willis; 05-02-2015, 09:56 AM.

Comment

They should always have the raised 3d lettering from what I know. Sounds dodgy, and if you're doubting it, stay away.

Comment

Working...
            X