No announcement yet.

Oh she's just a rusty, slut of a benz.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh she's just a rusty, slut of a benz.

This is my new car. she's been passed around from person to person, for the past year or so. if you are in the southern NH area you will have seen this car before. but now she's mine. I got her for a steal. and ill keep her till she dies. I just need to find a couple ways to make it my own, considering it has been the same for years even through different owners. So I present to you, the rusty slut.

[IMG] photo merc1_zps3f0f8325.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG] photo IMG_20130309_143522_zps61bad64f.jpg[/IMG]
    -Tom

Instagram- @twsma11

I say get rid of the paint and let it rust. A rusty benz would be cool.
    2011 Subaru WRX Sedan

Comment

please don't do that
      Jason
      flickr
      build thread

Comment

No. Definitely not. Go SUPER aggressive with the fitment. Why not. Not too much to lose...
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Nicolaus Pro View Post
          No. Definitely not. Go SUPER aggressive with the fitment. Why not. Not too much to lose...
          This.
          2011 Subaru WRX Sedan

Comment

Originally posted by xmax92xd View Post
            This.
            Part of me loves everything about this idea.

Comment

I don't care how irrational this is, I blame Mike Burroughs.
              Jason
              flickr
              build thread

Comment

I say no to that w140. But I like the first pic you posted up, makes it look aggressive with that trans? cooler. Is there a performance oriented goal behind this build? Is this a build? lol. you should get a lsd for it or weld the diff and swap in a getrag and if it's a c230k you should turn up the boost, if it's a 280 you should swap in a 3.6.
                Instagram: danimal._
                Mercedes Build Thread
                Falcon Build Thread

Comment

there will be no more rust then is already present. its rusty enough as is.

Originally posted by HWY HNTR View Post
                  I say no to that w140. But I like the first pic you posted up, makes it look aggressive with that trans? cooler. Is there a performance oriented goal behind this build? Is this a build? lol. you should get a lsd for it or weld the diff and swap in a getrag and if it's a c230k you should turn up the boost, if it's a 280 you should swap in a 3.6.
                  It is a tranny cooler, this is basically a daily driver. Its a kompressor, so I was gonna put a small pulley on it, and I like the idea of a welded diff

Like I said, I'm gonna change some stuff up, to make it more me. I love these wheels, so i might just have them powdercoated. Ill make a build thread once I start spending some money.
                  -Tom

Instagram- @twsma11

Comment

Originally posted by Withers View Post
                    I dislike Byron.

Comment

I see potential,

1. Get rid of rust/clean the body.
                      2. Refinish the rims.
                      3. Deez Nutz
                      4. ???
                      5. Get bitches

Originally posted by xmax92xd View Post
                      This.
                      The best about this rust is that it's paint...

Comment

leave the car as is.

partial patina & rust has much more character than merely rusting out a sedan for the hell of it. besides, that idea has already been done at least a handful of times; especially on a Mercedes.

instead - keep it running strong, upgrade that oil cooler with something much more proper, & rock the baddest wheels you can find/ create. I've seen this car in person & it's memorable in a positive light just the way it sits.

Comment

Originally posted by Withers View Post

probably the greatest post i have ever read on this entire forum.

Comment

Originally posted by FABEL View Post
                            leave the car as is.

partial patina & rust has much more character than merely rusting out a sedan for the hell of it. besides, that idea has already been done at least a handful of times; especially on a Mercedes.

instead - keep it running strong, upgrade that oil cooler with something much more proper, & rock the baddest wheels you can find/ create. I've seen this car in person & it's memorable in a positive light just the way it sits.
                            I completely agree with you. I was thinking about having the current wheels refinished, but they aren't wide, or aggressive enough.

only time will tell
                            -Tom

Instagram- @twsma11

Comment

I honestly think the car looks dope as is.. OP, it's your car, so go with the flow, but damn.. I like it.
                              -Alex

'97 DC4 - GS, Green on Old Man Tan. Low as poop, loud as Farooq

20140817_194828
                              by Alexander D.24, on Flickr

Comment

Working...
                              X