Trying Something Different - My '05 RL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trying Something Different - My '05 RL

Hey guys, my name's Joey and this is my little daily "project" I've been working with lately. My friend genoL recommended the forum and I can see why lol. I've always loved stanceworks but never thought to check the forums, I can see I've been missing out!

My car is in its early stages right now, just got it back from the shop about a week ago. So far it's a pretty basic mod list, but there should be more updates in the near future

Volk Progressive DE's w/ Nankang NS-II's
    F: 20x9.5 +24 (22mm spacer to clear brakes, so +2) w/ 225/35/20
    R: 20x10.5 +24 w/ 255/30/20
    Tein Comfort Sport Coils w/ EDFC (maxed w/ collars removed)
    Heavily modified Skunk2 front camber kit for TSX (a first, as far as I know. There is no factory adjustment, or any aftermarket options)
    A-Spec Deck Lid Spoiler
    Debadged, blah blah..

Here's a few pics from the shop when I picked it up. This is before I removed the collars (that was 2 days later ).

And these are the only pics I have since lowering it more.

not bad man. definitely different, i feel like the 20s are a bit big, but with some low it should look nice

Instagram: @half_lung

Comment

Clean car. 20's are definitely too big though. I would look for 17's and drop it to the ground with them

IG: Nick475

Comment

in that first shot it resembles a phaeton imo

clean car
        Floccinaucinihilipilification

Comment

I don't dislike this. Needs 17s or 18s maybe? Haha.

Comment

Welcome to S/W i like it i think a bit of tucking would look good allround to..
            Live,Breathe,Build,Believe,BMW!

Comment

I'm with the rest, smaller wheels. But it still looks good. I love RL's, nobody does anything with them.
              IG: @kyle_eagleton

Comment

Thanks guys, I appreciate the input. The wheels really don't look as big on the car in person, 17s and 18s need monster tires to fill out the openings, and 19s wouldve allowed more low, but i really wanted these wheels. I'm waiting for my lip kit to come in, and I need to find a way to get some more low out of these coils. I think that should help with the way it sits on the 20s.

This is a very difficult platform to work with lol, not a lot of aftermarket support to say the least but I love this car, and I'm doing what I can.

Comment

Nice work. I love seeing people do work on less popular platforms!

progress IS a slow process

Comment

Originally posted by shawdyRL View Post
                    Thanks guys, I appreciate the input. I'm waiting for my lip kit to come in, and I need to find a way to get some more low out of these coils. I think that should help with the way it sits on the 20s.

This is a very difficult platform to work with lol, not a lot of aftermarket support to say the least but I love this car, and I'm doing what I can..
                    Looks good. The entire kit would make it look a lot better and some more lows.. You should look at the accord 5/6/7th gen suspension. or the 1st / 2nd TL usually guys mix and match to find the right stuff

W I L D M A N 'S R O D S H O P

R.I.P P.WALKER 2013/11/30

Comment

The lip kit will definitely help it look a bit closer to the ground.

Otherwise, I dig it. It's good to see work getting done on less-than-ordinary vehicles. Variety is the spice of life and all that.

www.fluidmotorunion.com
                      www.stanceworks.com

Originally posted by Oxer
                      I'm pretty sure I will molest any exhaust systems you leave lying around

Comment

Originally posted by 244Brick View Post
                        Looks good. The entire kit would make it look a lot better and some more lows.. You should look at the accord 5/6/7th gen suspension. or the 1st / 2nd TL usually guys mix and match to find the right stuff
                        Thanks, I ordered the Mugen front lip, but I decided on A-Spec sides and rear. I think they'll look good together. And those years for the Accord/TL/TSX are all compatible, and RL's are similar, but not enough to be usable. I managed to use the TSX camber arms, but only after they were completely re-engineered lol. idk what to do about the rear yet, or about more lows.

Originally posted by FluidMotorUnion View Post
                        The lip kit will definitely help it look a bit closer to the ground.

Otherwise, I dig it. It's good to see work getting done on less-than-ordinary vehicles. Variety is the spice of life and all that.
                        I think it'll look alright, but I still want it to tuck more all around though, and I'd rather not go air. Kinda trying for a static/VIP inspired look. Appreciate the kind words

Comment

There's something about RL's that is so appealing to me. The poke is a little aggressive for my taste on this car, but I still like it.
                          Flickr

Comment

Working...
                          X