• Show
Clear All

yolo
    Floccinaucinihilipilification

Comment

Originally posted by P78 View Post
      yolo

Comment

haha ill give the above a try...apart the lick and lunge parts.

Had my wheels jacked off my E36 and dont think i could put someone else through the hassle :/

Comment

i've bought a few sets of wheels through Jesse Streeter. Both new and used. New i browse the Japanese websites and get him to quote, used i search Yahoo Japan / importmonster and see what i find then send him the YAJ part of the link to quote. He generally send them EMS a pair at a time and they come in like 3-4 days! :P

last set of wheels i bought i got from Felgen Garage in Germany. They were pretty pricey altho he let me pay deposit then balance on completion of the wheels and postage. They took about 8 weeks to refurb and put together because he had a big backlog at the time i ordered, then about 2 weeks or so to arrive by super slow air mail.

Comment

ugh! after finding plenty of wheels id happy roll around on, i was fair pissed after finding that there is VERY little in a 5x120 pcd. instead, a 5x114.3.
            any chance anyone knows of a way too convert from 5x120 down too 5x114.3?

Comment

redrill or if your feeling ballsy you could run wobble bolts.you'll probably need hubcentric rings made up aswell
              - = [ M . I . A | c r e w ] = -
              Originally posted by TRaNz
              Its not bags, its a tank for the car that keeps the inside car cabin pressurized and uv rays down to a minimum so that colins skin doesnt react with the outside uv rays. The tank is conected to a powercore with a special generator separate to the cars system. As so im told, it uses a nuclear substance which has been supplied by Moh. The complex design was created for people with special skin conditions like colin. Id say its a good investment for colin.

Comment

as above, ebay, yahoo japan etc.
                I have a set of BBS RS with various lips and barrels id sell for the right price
                Sarcasm is easily calculated on vortex dude. Take 4 parts GLI lip and divide by BBS RS. If you are left with a remainder, subtract it from omgmoarlow. Profit.

Comment

Originally posted by USDMem1 View Post
                  I got my Borbet's from German Ebay, used 'google translate' to email a few different sellers, one got back to me saying he would ship them over. All up cost $1100 including tyres. Shipping was $500 :/ lol

They arrived one wheel at a time, 1 week between each wheel. I was stressin lol
                  That guy didn't know what he was doing, then.

With some intelligent packing (Get some wheel boxes from the local tire shop, each wheel into a box and then tape two boxes together), you can ship 4 wheels to Australia for like 300 australian $. That's the way I usually ship wheels to the US, works fine for any other country as well. Just need to be aware of the weight, max weight per box is 31.5 kg - with most wheels that shouldn't be a problem as most are quite a bit under 15 kgs.

If any of you finds any wheels in Germany and need a translation done or help with shipping to Australia or anywhere else in the world, just PM me.

'87 Porsche 944 S | Ex-E36 Touring (2009 - 2016) | Daily: '02 Chrysler Sebring

www.bastienbochmann.de | Tief & Breit

Comment

+1 for ebay. all 3 sets of my wheels have come from that heavenly place

Comment

Originally posted by cln View Post
                      redrill or if your feeling ballsy you could run wobble bolts.you'll probably need hubcentric rings made up aswell
                      how safe is re-drilling if you were serious?

Originally posted by dylan8 View Post
                      as above, ebay, yahoo japan etc.
                      I have a set of BBS RS with various lips and barrels id sell for the right price
                      PM'd

Originally posted by Dr.AK View Post
                      That guy didn't know what he was doing, then.

With some intelligent packing (Get some wheel boxes from the local tire shop, each wheel into a box and then tape two boxes together), you can ship 4 wheels to Australia for like 300 australian $. That's the way I usually ship wheels to the US, works fine for any other country as well. Just need to be aware of the weight, max weight per box is 31.5 kg - with most wheels that shouldn't be a problem as most are quite a bit under 15 kgs.

If any of you finds any wheels in Germany and need a translation done or help with shipping to Australia or anywhere else in the world, just PM me.
                      sick man! ill keep that in mind if anything comes up!

Comment

I've bought a few sets off local ebay, and a few sets off Yahoo Japan, however I always use the slow sea shipping when coming from Japan, it keeps the costs WAY down, so long as you don't mind waiting 6-8 weeks. I've only ever bought 15's from Japan though, so I'm not sure what the extra cost would be to ship 17's over, but there are some bargains to be found over there that's for sure! However getting extra information and measurements out of sellers is sometimes impossible.

Originally posted by USDMem1 View Post
                        I got my Borbet's from German Ebay, used 'google translate' to email a few different sellers, one got back to me saying he would ship them over. All up cost $1100 including tyres. Shipping was $500 :/ lol

They arrived one wheel at a time, 1 week between each wheel. I was stressin lol
                        $500 shipping? My set of Type A's cost me $140 to have shipped from Germany, they also arrived separately in the same way yours did which was annoying. I'm curious to know how you found a set for $600 though(tyres included or bought here when you say $1100 all up)? Were they new or 2nd hand, because that's unbelievably cheap if they were new considering how much each wheel normally costs, who'd you buy them through?

Comment

Beware - i am pretty sure when you go up to 17/18/19 in decent widths you need to go by Air. Some odd rule, i found it strange but it sticks in my mind. Because i've bought all my wheels through Streeter from Japan, i've had 17x9/10, 18x9.5/10.5 and 19x9/10 and all came by Air and didnt get the option of Sea. I think air cost me like $500 or something but was very fast.

P3Z - you can get bolt on adaptor spacers custom made through various companies. A lot of good ones come out of the US, such as adaptec speedware and motorsporttech. Those guys do to the specs you want so you can go from say 5x120 72 centre bore onto a 5x114.3 67 centre bore wheel. You just have to make sure you get the right thickness enough that your stock studs/bolts completely go inside the spacer for a flush mounting for the wheel. The spacer then has the size and bore you need to bolt to. This works well if you don't want/need big dish or are buying monoblock type wheels. You can guy like +35 offset then use 25mm bolt on adaptor spacer to get +10 and away you go.

In terms of fill and drill, it depends on who you talk to. Some places can rotate and drill the other pattern, sometimes with sleeves. But if you want to do it the 'proper' way they will fill all of the current holes in with new metal and then machine it down again back and front and drill your new pattern into them. They can also sometimes weld in a new centre bore ring if your centre bore ir smaller (prob not an issue for you). You just need to ring around for costs.

My OZ's cost me like $250 for post from Germany i think

Comment

only 19s are too big to send by Sea from Japan, anything smaller is fine
                            Drinking Enthusiast with a Car Problem

Comment

i think ill be patient and wait for the correct size wheel to arise. id rather that for peace of mind too.
                              now too continue looking around the web for what i want.

Comment

Working...
                              X