Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'd never got bored of this car sitting on these steelies. Perfection.

Zacne on facebook: www.facebook.com/ZACNEWheels

Zacne on instagram: @zacnewheels

Comment

• Originally posted by Paulpooted View Post
      Bring that thing to nashville we will get your bolt pattern sorted out.
      Too bad it's so far away, I'd appreciate the help

Originally posted by OrangeBlue View Post
      Have you looked into revolution style rims made by schmidt?
      They are made in 15x9/8, any pcd, ET -12 to 25...

I think they would be perfect for what you want.
      Those are decent looking wheels! Never heard of them

Originally posted by Zacne_4 View Post
      I'd never got bored of this car sitting on these steelies. Perfection.
      Thanks man. If you looked at it everyday you might get bored though haha. I know the steelies dont look bad per say, but im not exactly getting to express any sort of creativity with those or change the look up at all. Not to mention I know of about six amazons with this exact steel wheel, 70's volvo cap combo now.

Comment

• Just trying to do a little updating. I picked up a set of 16x8 Work equip 05s that I will likely be rebuilding. Aiming to end up somewhere around et -5. Tire consideration so far is possibly a Yokohama 175/50/16 which is kind of a weird size but might suit my needs. I dont think I'd be able to run anything shorter. I'm already looking to either raise the car a little bit or shorten the oil pan as it's currently touching the ground with the 185/55/15 test wheel on the passenger side. There is more calculating and decisions to make in that department.

I picked up a 360mm Nardi classic today and now looking into ideas for gauges.

The choice I keep coming back to mostly because of the look is the Stewart Warner deluxe black set. Looks somewhat period correct in my opinion but at the same time updated. They are also very affordable.

Im still on the lookout for a set of fender mirrors. Specifically an old datsun set. They arent cheap so im taking my time hoping for a decent used set to pop up somewhere.

My buddy brought his 122 wagon over to my garage and we are in the beginning stages of a b230 turbo/ T-5 swap. Once his is moving along well, i'll start the same swap in my car. Not trying to go crazy, only looking for about 200hp, and with a solid 5 speed it should make for a much more enjoyable driving experience. Yes, I could do a m41 overdrive but ive always disliked the idea of those. The Phoenix area is a large grid with a big necessity for freeway travel. As of yet, I havent been able to drive the car comfortably.

Last edited by Keith602; 05-30-2015, 05:48 PM.

Comment

• Very nice, looking forward to the next incarnation for this car. I have those exact mirrors, you can buy them brand new via Nissan Japan.

Comment

• Originally posted by anth View Post
            Very nice, looking forward to the next incarnation for this car. I have those exact mirrors, you can buy them brand new via Nissan Japan.
            Thanks! Thats kinda how Im looking at it. It will have a whole new feel to it. I'd like to get those mirrors asap, but price is holding me back. Hoping to find a less expensive clean used set if possible, but I know that could take some time.

Comment

• You could try Ratsun.net and the510realm.com for used ones, two US-based Datsun forums, but they generally command a decent price. Also something to keep an eye on is that the 240Zs have similar mirrors but the stalk is longer, keep that in mind!

Comment

• Thing's BEAUTIFUL!

Comment

• Originally posted by anth View Post
                  You could try Ratsun.net and the510realm.com for used ones, two US-based Datsun forums, but they generally command a decent price. Also something to keep an eye on is that the 240Zs have similar mirrors but the stalk is longer, keep that in mind!
                  If the stalk is too tall it could look funny on this car, but ive been looking at those too

Originally posted by Drid View Post
                  Thing's BEAUTIFUL!
                  Thanks!

Comment

• Been working on the wheels a little bit. Cant wait for the barrels to get here. Could be a few weeks for that.

So I took them apart and have been doing what I can in the meantime.

Had the caps polished

Been working on the hardware. Most of them came out well, but quite a few will need to be replaced due to rust and corrosion.

Also decided to test paint a face and see how I would like gold centers. I was originally thinking full polish, but the gold could be the way to go for this.

Comment

• wait on a hot damn minute did u get equips for this car FFFFFFFFFFFF

Comment

• Originally posted by Miroteknik View Post
                        wait on a hot damn minute did u get equips for this car FFFFFFFFFFFF
                        I did. Hard to picture them on these cars so I photoshopped it of course. This is the full polished version, which im still considering, but leaning towards gold centers now.

Last edited by Keith602; 06-04-2015, 08:28 PM.

Comment

• yes, stay gold. at least for a while.

Comment

• Well you know I'm all about gold centers, those are going to look killer!
                            1976 Volvo 245 Build

Comment

yes, stay gold. at least for a while.
                              That was just a quick coat on one face to see the color. When I really paint them after proper prep and clear coat they should look even better.

Originally posted by GroceryGetter67 View Post
                              Well you know I'm all about gold centers, those are going to look killer!
                              Thanks, I hope so!

Comment

yes, stay gold. at least for a while.
                                Did anyone else think of Ponyboy from the Outsiders? Or am I just too old for this shit? lol

Jay

Comment

Working...
                                X