Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jazig.k View Post
    Dat horizontal tuck...
    I just realized this looks like the back of a VW GTI when you lower it at all.

Originally posted by Stupid Kid
    I need the weed in advance i can't ride my bmx across the ocean unless im high

Comment

• The tie rod is here! I think I will have her running tonight! I'll keep you guys posted on what happens hopefully the tie rod is right this time.

Comment

• shaking my fucking head
        sigpic

Comment

• Just read through your whole thread. My summary below

Such rear camber, many headlight tilt, reps will be reps, I should replace my ignition tumbler.

I can't wait until you get some really cool wheels on this thing to make it really pop. S'gonna be cool once you get those coilovers and the front laid out too. Neato
          1992 Mercedes 190 E | 2002 DTM Inspired IS300 | IG @ DAAR_CREATIVE

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicolaus Pro View Post
            shaking my fucking head
            Can I ask why? no need to be vague lol

Comment

• So I got the car running again and it definitely needs some frame love. The caster is fucked and I'm going to have to try to pull the control arm forward because it's still sitting back a little. I'm also either pulling the trigger on some SSR Vienna's or some Work CR Kiwami's. Here's some pics

Here you can see the front wheel is pushed back about 2 inches and needs to be pulled forward.

Close up of the new exhaust, I keep biting curbs.

the other side ;(

Oh and I got to take a ride in this little thing, boy are those some good brakes.

So if anyone has any ideas regarding pulling the control arm mounts forward I appreciate any advice given. I was told to use the tree and tie strap method but I honestly don't know how well it will work. till next time.
              Last edited by 190Evan; 05-09-2016, 12:42 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by 190Evan View Post
                So if anyone has any ideas regarding pulling the control arm mounts forward I appreciate any advice given. I was told to use the tree and tie strap method but I honestly don't know how well it will work. till next time.
                Take it to a body shop with a frame puller?

Comment

• Yeah I'd definitely just take it to a body shop that has a frame rack. If anyone can get it done right it'll be a body shop.
                  1992 Mercedes 190 E | 2002 DTM Inspired IS300 | IG @ DAAR_CREATIVE

Comment

• Originally posted by Asshole Bicycle View Post
                    Take it to a body shop with a frame puller?
                    Originally posted by JDMexican View Post
                    Yeah I'd definitely just take it to a body shop that has a frame rack. If anyone can get it done right it'll be a body shop.
                    Thanks guys I'll stop by one today and check out what they would be asking for the job. Anyone have any experience with getting that done? I only need it pulled forward about an inch and a half but I have no idea how hard the process is. I also doubt I could get onto a rack at any body shop near me but I'm gonna give it a go.

Comment

• Pretty good day today I'd say. I was able to stop by a body shop and get a really good quote on a frame pull from a place in my town and was also able to clean up my interior a little and start coming up with ideas as to how I want to design the VIP tables I am going to make for the passenger front and both rear seats. Oh and I made myself a banner with my lazer cutter lmao.

The the awesome thing happened...met up with one of my s-chassis friends who had a genuine 326 power wing laying around and he let me mock it up and I can't express how in love I am with the way it's going to look. By the way those wings are WAY bigger in real life than they look in photos.

Lastly I decided that because I'm moving to Arizona in about a month it would be kinda risky to buy some wheels from Japan at auction because of how long the shipping would take so I got a set of these in order to sort out the fitment I'm going for with 18's. Excited to test fit these and post some pics. They are 18X9.5 ET12 with a 25mm adapter making them -13 LOL. Oh and I got a hook up for extended FLCA's in my area so matched camber front and rear is in the making! Still haven't decided on if I want to extend them 1 or 2 inches yet depending on how much camber I decide on after the 18's are test fitted. They are Vordoven forme 9's, common drift slut wheel out here but are reps of the CR Kiwami's to my knowledge.

Till next time!

Comment

• So glad you went with the "Work" wheels... even if they aren't works! I just think the Vienna's are too played out... This thing is awesome man! Trying to find a W124, S124 or even a W124CE over here is difficult, and when you do find one, it can get expensive.... Glad you managed to get it mostly fixed!
                        Is it the actual arm mount brackets are bend which is leading to the couple inches further back your wheel sits?
                        I am a party pooper. I poop at parties.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dutch View Post
                          So glad you went with the "Work" wheels... even if they aren't works! I just think the Vienna's are too played out... This thing is awesome man! Trying to find a W124, S124 or even a W124CE over here is difficult, and when you do find one, it can get expensive.... Glad you managed to get it mostly fixed!
                          Is it the actual arm mount brackets are bend which is leading to the couple inches further back your wheel sits?
                          Yes! and the rail the mounts are mounted to haha, I found a shop that's going to pull my frame forward about 2 inches for $140 so that'll be coming soon.

Comment

• yo that wing is banging mate, keen to see what happens with this

love a thread with healthy updates

Comment

• Originally posted by Mehowski View Post
                              yo that wing is banging mate, keen to see what happens with this

love a thread with healthy updates
                              Thanks man! yeah I am realllllly happy with the way the wing looks

Comment

• The wheel is 2" back? yikes. If you were local to me id pull it for ya, but cali is quite a ways off lol. $140 seems a little cheap. Are they actually going to measure as well or just eyeball it. Frame time is $100 an hour an for it being 2" back id say thats gunna take a bit longer than 1.5 hours to getup properly.
                                IG @gt3_brz

My Mustang Build
                                http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...=1#post1552949

My BRZ Build
                                http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=86482

My F100 Build
                                http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=97329

Comment

Working...
                                X