Running out of Gas can be really alright... *photos*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Running out of Gas can be really alright... *photos*

In hindsight, I havent put gas in the rabbit which is my wife jes's car since pulling it out for the first time this spring. The good news is, all the gas from over the winter is definitely gone. The bad news is I didnt really get to where I wanted to go. I was driving around looking for a place to shoot some photos of the car at sunset. I wanted something showing pastures, and expansive farmland. The good news is. I ran out of gas around exactly that. I wish I could have been a bit more mobile, and it wasnt EXACTLY what I was going for, and the car was immobile the whole time...but what else was I supposed to do while waiting for Jes to bring me gas?

Car is static. The car used to have bagyard crap, but the ride and quality was terrible. The oil pan is custom shortened. the front control arm mounts are wearing themselves some clearance every time its driven. Theres a bunch of stuff left to do to the car yet, but I'm the one who has to do it, so...yeah. It'll get there.

and bonus shot.

....you stink like new car....

Perfect example of a Mk1, stunning.
    - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

well done!!! What would be awesome is if the car had a crazy amount of power like 500whp LOL

www.sogoodco.com

Comment

Originally posted by eurobeem View Post
        well done!!! What would be awesome is if the car had a crazy amount of power like 500whp LOL
        It doesnt have 500whp, but it goes alright:

Comment

loving it,

loved it since it was built, such a clean and simple style, without going over the top smoothing/shaving etc etc.

I liked the old wheels, esp the colour combo, but the new wheels are ace too!

Great shots, as always.

(p.s., you build some cool mk 1's, this pleases me! and insipres me too! )

oh, and you're running H&R ultra lows? Or ultra ultra?

Comment

I miss the old wheels too, but 30 hole RS's are extremely brittle, and the barrels are fucking expensive...

Comment

best mk1 ive seen to date

@eraunpetrytoday

Comment

I love the shots, Kris. Another great shoot.

Car is looking great as well. Part of my thursday night was devoted to reading back in the car's build thread on vortex for a little inspiration. It's come out looking excellent.

Comment

win!

flickr

Comment

Goddamn. That is absurdly nice, I love it. Shots look great as well.

Comment

^Indeed. I would drive it till I died.

Comment

So refreshing seeing a build of this caliber.. sincerely breathtaking. Thank you posting this up.

Comment

the 7th picture is heaven..

small bumpers, nice color, and setting...

absolutely picture perfect

Comment

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner.

Main Page - Facebook - Flickr - Instagram - Twitter
                            Originally posted by Oxer
                            You know who Jason is? Anyone here read the Bible or know most of the stories etc? Who's the guy that stands at the gate and decides if you get into heaven or not? That's Jason. He processes everyone in the intro threads and welcomes them.
                            Originally posted by Average_Jerk
                            Also you relinquish all of your rights by posting in RT. You can be banned at any time for no reason at all.

Comment

Win!!!!!

Absolute gorgeous MK1

Comment

Working...
                              X