Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgrading Coilovers to Airbags??

Hi,
    Just purchased an E60 5 series as a daily and would like to eventually end up down the air ride route but can't justify the cost as yet. Initially I plan to go for some KW V1 coilovers until I can afford to get an e-level kit.

I've seen people mention the "slip over" bags and would they work for my set up i.e. just swap out the springs for some??

Where do I look for such bags?

Thanks, sorry for the newbie questions

The "slip over" bags mentioned were most likely Universal Air Aero Sports

http://bagriders.com/modlab/products/AERO-SPORT.html

They replace the springs as long as they fit over your shock body and wont rub on anything since they are a bit wider than springs.

Though if you are going to spend the money, you should do it right the first time. If there is an application from say airlift or airrex for your car that would be the better way to go. The shocks were designed for the bags, they would most likely let you go lower and have more lift compared to aero sports.

Hope that helps

Comment

Thanks for the reply Mike.

Airrex do a kit for the E60 which is around another 1/3 of the cost over the KW V1s. But its all the cost of management on top!

Maybe as the bad weather is not far off anyway, possibly wait tip spring and do it all in one as you say. Probably be cheaper and better results long term.

Comment

I have to agree with Mike. A bolt on suspension setup that is designed for your car is going to ride nicer and last longer than a bag over coil setup.

If you decide to go with the AirREX suspension, we can pair their struts with any management pack you want. It will be a bit less than the complete AirREX kit if you go with one of our less expensive management setups like manual or analog.

- www.bagriders.com - Email us at: sales@bagriders.com -

- Did you find a lower price? We Price Match! -

Comment

Thanks for the reply.

It would be with the e-level management kit if I end up down this route (fingers crossed).

I will indeed come to you guys for a quote but being UK based there's obviously shipping & taxes to consider! Shall weigh it all up closer the time

Comment

Working...
          X