X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 180roman View Post
    ha ha it seems i work better when there is a deadline too

i haven't touched the 180 in ages but i bet as soon as it nears the next drift day, i will be in a mad rush trying to get it ready
    Dad is the same. We entered the british off road championships this year (dropped out early for financial and steering rack related reasons) and the engine wasn't even in the car the night before the first event.

Originally posted by Jersh
    RT changes lives.

Comment

• I've had my fail points though, when rushing to finish something. I had lowered my car from winter mode, and was rushing so i could get over to a dealership where a friend works so i could wash my car before he finished his shift. I take off with enough time to get the car washed. Then, after turning a corner from my first stop sign, I felt the caliper clamp up the rotor when I'd tap the brake... Next corner, I pulled over... I walk behind the car to pick up all 5 lug nuts that left a trail from the front driver!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by ratmog View Post
        Dad is the same. We entered the british off road championships this year (dropped out early for financial and steering rack related reasons) and the engine wasn't even in the car the night before the first event.
        what car did your dad enter in?
        Drinking Enthusiast with a Car Problem

Comment

• Originally posted by coconutt View Post
          I've had my fail points though, when rushing to finish something. I had lowered my car from winter mode, and was rushing so i could get over to a dealership where a friend works so i could wash my car before he finished his shift. I take off with enough time to get the car washed. Then, after turning a corner from my first stop sign, I felt the caliper clamp up the rotor when I'd tap the brake... Next corner, I pulled over... I walk behind the car to pick up all 5 lug nuts that left a trail from the front driver!!!
          i know a few friends who had a wheel come off either from over tightening lug nuts, not tightening them enough or cross thread nuts

Comment

• y u no work on R31 roman
            Floccinaucinihilipilification

Comment

• Originally posted by coconutt View Post
              I've had my fail points though, when rushing to finish something. I had lowered my car from winter mode, and was rushing so i could get over to a dealership where a friend works so i could wash my car before he finished his shift. I take off with enough time to get the car washed. Then, after turning a corner from my first stop sign, I felt the caliper clamp up the rotor when I'd tap the brake... Next corner, I pulled over... I walk behind the car to pick up all 5 lug nuts that left a trail from the front driver!!!
              oh shit.
              thankfully our problem wasn't caused by the last minute engine fitting, rather hitting a rock at 60 and bending a £1000 track rod.

RT changes lives.

Comment

i know a few friends who had a wheel come off either from over tightening lug nuts, not tightening them enough or cross thread nuts
                I was lucky that I caught that, and pulled over before my wheel came off and possibly caused an accident with others! And even if the lug nuts were a bit tighter, that would've probably caused me to reach the highway and cause a disaster for me and others too...

BTW, that night I didn't get to wash my car
                Last edited by coconutt; 05-09-2011, 02:16 AM.

Comment

what car did your dad enter in?
                  this one (he's such a dork):

its her last season - he's switching back to defenders.

RT changes lives.

Comment

• Originally posted by P78 View Post
                    y u no work on R31 roman
                    its coz i'm lazy lol

i might get those SSRs i have widened and run them on the R31, but i don't know if i will keep it, rego runs out in August and if i want to renew it i need to transfer the car into my name, which means i have to fix stuff to get it to pass the Road Worthy Inspection

picking up a new set of wheels tonight, might get a photo for RT but it'll be shit quality coz its gona be dark

Comment

• Originally posted by ratmog View Post
                      oh shit.
                      thankfully our problem wasn't caused by the last minute engine fitting, rather hitting a rock at 60 and bending a £1000 track rod.
                      wow thats one expensive track rod

Comment

its coz i'm lazy lol

i might get those SSRs i have widened and run them on the R31, but i don't know if i will keep it, rego runs out in August and if i want to renew it i need to transfer the car into my name, which means i have to fix stuff to get it to pass the Road Worthy Inspection

picking up a new set of wheels tonight, might get a photo for RT but it'll be shit quality coz its gona be dark
                        I should still be online to see them.

Comment

• and if not coconut

threads and post do not suddenly dissapear (unless you put boobie pics in them)
                          Floccinaucinihilipilification

Comment

wow thats one expensive track rod
                            Well, it was the whole setup - the car basically landed on a rock ON the track rod, shattered it at one end and bent it enough to fuck up a lot on the other end. Dad had some ductape on hand and taped it back (half a roll..) so he could roll back to the pits, but the spare we had just wouldn't cut it, plus we didn't have spares for the shattered joints.
                            I'm having a look for a piccy now, but I know the only one I got was on my phone.. Unless the really dark one will revive in photoshop.

RT changes lives.

Comment

• Originally posted by P78 View Post
                              and if not coconut

threads and post do not suddenly dissapear (unless you put boobie pics in them)

Did you get to see those nudes that were posted in that thread?? I did

BTW, I guess I should've said I'll still be online when he initially uploads it lol.

Comment

• You can see its bent, but its bending away from the camera. Squint at the left and you'll see the ductape!

RT changes lives.

Comment

Working...
                                X