Swift spring coilover swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Swift spring coilover swap

I have ksport kontrol pro on my celica. with a 9k in the front and 6k in the rear. I'm dropped about as far as I can in the rear with how soft the spring rate is. So, I was considering getting a custom swift set up for the rear with 10k. Now I have never heard bad reviews on swift. I'm not here to ask about reviews. I'm here to ask about how to size the springs.

So here it goes:

There are three sizing options for the springs: inner diameter, spring length, and spring rate.

obviously I know what rate I want. But should I get the same the size in diameter/length as whats already on the ksports?
    I've asked both ksport and swift and neither has come through for me. Anyone have any insight?

You should absolutely get the same diameter. As far as length goes, if you were happy with your drop then yes get the same length, if not and your strut isnt bottoming out then you could go slightly shorter.
    @jroc561
    71' 240z, 03' CL55, 04' CayenneTT

Comment

You'll want the same inner diameter.
      How tall are the Ksport springs?
      How much strut travel do you have?
      Depending on travel, you can go with shorter springs.
      It's like rock-crawling... in the streets...

Comment

Originally posted by MrDanguy View Post
        You'll want the same inner diameter.
        How tall are the Ksport springs?
        How much strut travel do you have?
        Depending on travel, you can go with shorter springs.
        Im not sure on strut travel. but the springs I have are 150mm. In the rear for ksport, the only method of adjusting height is with spring preload. So a shorter spring would be no bueno. Im already as low as possible because of the length of the spring. But I still have another inch or so on the shock that the collar can go down. (if you dont understand what Im talking about, I can post a pic). So I was already thinking of going with a slightly longer spring. That way I can go lower AND not lose the preload.

Comment

new question. is it ok to change a progressive spring on a coilover to a linear spring?

Comment

its progressive for a reason, why would you want to change it?
            Originally posted by anth
            Lucky they didn't come into your house and disrespect your whole family.

Comment

Originally posted by Celli View Post
              new question. is it ok to change a progressive spring on a coilover to a linear spring?
              Yes it is okay.

Comment

May aswell just cut the existing spring, it'll up your rate, be shorter and just as boogie as getting a spring that doesn't match your shock valving

Comment

Didn't you just get flamed to oblivion because you were supposedly selling your car? Now you want advice on swift springs? Just make a decision damn it.
                  Originally posted by Kyle_Eagleton
                  Come to America. We have no rules. And plenty of fast food.

Comment

Listen to this guy^

Comment

Originally posted by Anonymoose View Post
                      May aswell just cut the existing spring, it'll up your rate, be shorter and just as boogie as getting a spring that doesn't match your shock valving
                      Well considering the spring is a different diameter all the way throughout. If I cut it, it won't fit.

Originally posted by Oxer View Post
                      its progressive for a reason, why would you want to change it?
                      Because it isnt stiff enough. I'm still tire rubbin. It's progressive, but it's also 6k. Idk how all that works, but I need upwards of 10-12k to drop the extra 1.5 inches

Comment

Working...
                      X