need help about rims sizing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need help about rims sizing

18x11.5. -15 offset is equavilent to what size in 19 .... i cant find the thread that once posted about sizing comparison on here.... so please shed some light on this guy

An 18 inch wheel is not equivalent to a 19 inch wheel. What are you asking?

OZ, MSW, ABT, Carlsson, etc 10 point bolt tools info

Comment

Yeah, equivalent in what way?

Width is width, offset is offset, neither are affected by the diameter of the wheel.

Comment

i remember somewhere ... 18x11 with negative offset is like 19x9.5 with higher offset ... maybe ? who knows...

Comment

Again, equivalent in what way? What exactly are you trying to figure out?

The positioning of the wheel in the wheel well in terms of poke/sunkenness is related to both width and offset, and two wheels with differing widths and offsets can sit the same. For example, 25mm more offset will make a 2" narrower wheel sit the same as one with 25mm less offset and 2" wider. Diameter does not play into this, though.

Comment

Yes sir this is what i am talkig about sorry if i make u guys confuse ... Thank u .. But currently i am trying to see if 18x11 with -15 offset on the rear of 95 ls400

Originally posted by Oh Damn, it's Sam View Post
            Again, equivalent in what way? What exactly are you trying to figure out?

The positioning of the wheel in the wheel well in terms of poke/sunkenness is related to both width and offset, and two wheels with differing widths and offsets can sit the same. For example, 25mm more offset will make a 2" narrower wheel sit the same as one with 25mm less offset and 2" wider. Diameter does not play into this, though.

Comment

Working...
            X