Bolt selection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bolt selection

I'm currently putting together a set of Asanti's for my Saab. After cleaning the stock bolts I've found the threads to be corroded beyond what I think is usable. Now looking for replacement bolts, I've come across a few options that are reasonably priced and seem to fit the necessary requirements. I don't really want to go with chromed bolts again, so these are what I'm looking at. Just wondering what are some opinions from people that have gone a non-standard route with bolt replacement.

Low profile socket cap stainless
    McMaster-Carr is the complete source for your plant with over 595,000 products. 98% of products ordered ship from stock and deliver same or next day.

12 point black oxide
    ASMC Industrial offers the best selection of industrial bolt and nut fasteners. Great service and great prices, shop our wholesale fastener inventory today!
    '13 Fiat 500 Abarth
    '99 E36 Convertible

chrome is going to be most common. i don't know what size of bolts you have or what style (hex, allen, torx) so it's hard to tell what you're after.

you can get stainless, gold, anodized, powdercoated, painted (would not advise), but i would still go with chrome. if you get some that are of higher quality you shouldn't have an issue with corrosion, i never have on multiple sets that I've ran for quite a while.
    instagram : demrimz
    StatesideWheel

Comment

The stock bolts are m8x1.25 chromed stainless 12 point head rated 12.9. However, I am not looking to replace them with stock. Mostly looking to see if anyone has gone in other directions. Particularly, if anyone has switched to the two styles I linked to. Thanks for the input though.
      '13 Fiat 500 Abarth
      '99 E36 Convertible

Comment

i haven't done it personally, but i know people who have switched bolt styles with no issue, as long as it's the correct size and a good grade. for example i see some people swap stock m7x32 rs bolts which are 8mm 12point to a button head allen or torx, so i don't see why you can't do the same.
        instagram : demrimz
        StatesideWheel

Comment

Working...
        X