What to use on OZ bolts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What to use on OZ bolts

Anyone know where I can buy a OZ bolt tool? Or if I can use a type of socket.. haven't found much on the forums. Everyone seems to think you can only use the OZ special wheel bolt tool... by the way they are Futura's.. not sure if that makes a difference

Any help would be appreciated!
    Instagram: @mattragsdale
    '97 M3 build

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Laser-Split-Point-Impact-Socket/dp/B009XBL222"]Amazon.com: Laser - 5132 Split Rim 8mm 10 Point Impact Socket 1/2"D: Home Improvement[/ame]

Would this work?
    '97 M3 build

Comment

A basic socket set should have the right socket to fit these bolts. IIRC they are a 8mm 10 point socket for the bolt and a 10mm 10 point socket for the nut. You should be able to find these pretty much anywhere if you don't already own them. Walmart, Lowes, Home Depot, Advance Auto, Autozone, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by pDubs View Post
        A basic socket set should have the right socket to fit these bolts. IIRC they are a 8mm 10 point socket for the bolt and a 10mm 10 point socket for the nut. You should be able to find these pretty much anywhere if you don't already own them. Walmart, Lowes, Home Depot, Advance Auto, Autozone, etc.
        Awesome, I'll check there shortly! Thanks, btw where in Fairfax do you live? I work in Tyson's
        '97 M3 build

Comment

I live right off of 29 kinda near where Fairfax County Parkway and 29 intersect. My girlfriend actually works in Tysons, I work in Reston.

Comment

I live right off of 29 kinda near where Fairfax County Parkway and 29 intersect. My girlfriend actually works in Tysons, I work in Reston.
            What do you drive? I'll be looking for you!
            '97 M3 build

Comment

Basic socket sets have 12-point sockets, not 10-point, unless I'm missing something obvious here.

Comment

Originally posted by Oh Damn, it's Sam View Post

Basic socket sets have 12-point sockets, not 10-point, unless I'm missing something obvious here.
                No, you are correct. I had to special order them through a friend. It's an 8mm and 10mm 10 point socket.
                '97 M3 build

Comment

Originally posted by Stancyeze View Post
                  What do you drive? I'll be looking for you!
                  A '95 Hellrot m3 is my daily.

Woops sorry you are right. I was thinking about my BBS LMs which require 12 point sockets which I had in a basic socket set I bought way back.

Comment

These work, I ordered the same ones for my oz fittipaldi with the 10pt bit. They are also 1/2 inch drive so you can use them with an impact wrench.

Comment

I also used those on my Aero 1s, worked great, definantly recommend using the 1/2" ones
                      Instagram @l0w1if3

Comment

Originally posted by skiierman View Post
                        These work, I ordered the same ones for my oz fittipaldi with the 10pt bit. They are also 1/2 inch drive so you can use them with an impact wrench.
                        Originally posted by AnchorsAweigh View Post
                        I also used those on my Aero 1s, worked great, definantly recommend using the 1/2" ones
                        Thanks, actually a friend of mine found some for me and shipped them. Those ones on amazon take 26-30 days to ship or something ridiculous like that. Got mine in 4 days
                        '97 M3 build

Comment

Working...
                        X