No announcement yet.

Vlolvo turbro wagon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's alive again! This is the first time I've build an engine, with lots of help, I was still about to shit my pants when it was time to start it.

Comment

Love this

Comment

i must say it´s look very fine, i´m from sweden and just curios about how mutch you lowered it?

Comment

awesome Brick!!! Love the pics of it sideways!
          91 DiamondSchwartzMetallic S52 Slicktop, 91 Calypso M42, 89 Royalblau M20, 84 Euro E30, M535, Euro e24, ap1

www.RenownUSA.com
          ig @rudestance / @renownusa

Comment

Thanks for the kind words guys!
            Not really sure how much i've lowered it, never measured it. It's 3.5 rounds left on the stock front springs with 4" (10cm) shortened shocks. In the back it's resting on the bump stops.

I am on the fence about selling the Futuras. as they are not in the best condition. But I really, really love them, lol. Though choice!

There will be some changes this winter, stay tuned!

Comment

clean clean clean love it

****CURRENT****
              2005 Volvo XC90
              2005 BMW Z4

Comment

The Wheels flow really good with the Car

Comment

The Futuras look so good!
                  IG: @OsakaFlocka

Comment

God damnit thats awesome!

Comment

Love the drift pic

IG: Nick475

Comment

What suspension set up are you running?

Comment

Love seeing Volvo wagons at the track! Get her fixed and get back out there...

And BTW, having the rear resting on the jounce bumpers is certainly not the best for handling. Hit me up if you would like some suggestions. I have one myself and am a suspension engineer..

Comment

Love this thing. The car is awesome, the wheels are awesome, it's just awesome. Most would look at it and call it the most unlikely thing to go sideways. Haha.

Comment

Thanks for the kind words everyone, keeps me going through this cold and snowy norwegian winter.
                              There's been some small changes, I've ditched the old IHI-turbo for a brand new custom KKK/Turboservice.no-piece, rated to 450hp. Can't wait to try it out!
                              I've also dialed in som camber in the front, thinking about buying 0.5" wider lips in the front as well as I now have more clearance than before.
                              Gotten hold of a OEM rear spoiler/roof wing with brake light, wich is a rare sight.

@Brian and turbobrickvic: it's on 4" shortened shocks in the front, cut 3.5 rings, one ring bump stop, maximum camber allowed with the stock strut top (?). Just drilled new holes...
                              In the back it's just on cut spring, took out 3 rings, bumpstops still in place. If I'd taken them out the Futuras would've beaten my fenders badly, so any future coilover setup needs to be super stiff!
                              Thinking of buying DYI coilover-kit from kaphlhenke.com for the fronts as well, as I have an extra set of front struts laying around.

Here's a few pictures to keep the thread alive
                              Buddy of mine holding the roof wing in place, it needs paint, even thou it's the same colour, so I won't have it on quite yet.

Before going into winter storage and me and 3 of my buddys workshop.

Bough myself a '82 Golf as a birthday presant! It's full of euro GTI-goodies, and is allready on coilovers. Can't wait to drive it. It had been sitting for three years, still it's in great shape and everything works.

Found three pictures taken right after the new engine had started. I miss summer!

Last edited by Andersg; 02-17-2013, 03:44 PM.

Comment

Love it! Have you rolled/cut the fenders anything? I'll be trying to fit 9.75" on my turbowagon in a couple of weeks!

/ BMW e91 320dA / Volvo 945 Turbo
                                / Ocean Caribien 19xStaggered / Work VS-S5 17xStaggered

Comment

Working...
                                X