No announcement yet.

Junkyard build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think the side skirts would look way better with a coat of black on them.
    agreed. in some lighting they almost look black which isnt bad, but some flat black vinyl would probably make it match a lil better. haha its one of a billion things i need to work on but havent got around to lol.

I just don't know....
    ^for real. im really not sure. lol
    lol i get this a lot. haha can't figure out if its mostly cause its a saturn or that its just bad haha.
    1999 SL2 Saturn Build rip
    1998 EK hatch Civic Build

Comment

so, last night i found out the hard way that i need to raise my top strut mount up. what happened is the shock absorber bottomed out before the spring was fully compressed which broke it but lucky for me i was able to limp it home and i had a spare set of stock struts in the shed... so a lil swapping here and there, a bit of alteration to the strut mounts again, a bit of a raise, and the KW's swapped in fixed it though. now i should be able to drive without the shock absorber bottoming out but some day soon i'll have to make a raised top hat or something.

here's the struts put in (marks are from the test drive, the wheels would rub the inner fenders ):

still need to put the back ones in: (by the way dude in the background is my bro, he has a sl1 same colour with grey bumpers, and its still stock but i believe that may change soon)

tucking a little tire... springs haven't settled yet though i'll see how they ride and probs adjust them lower soon.

front lip clearance to the ground about 2-1.5 inches

oh and my black homecoming edition badges

rears and moar low soon

Comment

If you painted the skirts flat black to match the front lip thingy, I think it would all look a lot better.

Originally posted by Kielan
        Well dip me in shit and roll me in breadcrumbs...

Comment

i think just putting some nice wheels, some stretch and some poke would look better. ill be checking on this thread to see how it goes.
          Soli Deo Gloria

Comment

This is a different kind of build but i can say i am digging it. Id say paint the side skirts like everyone else said and get somewheels on that thing. Wheels will make such a different. Ill be watching.
            Instagram: "Cole_Lenhart" Out of Thread Builds Shoots and Progress
            Just a Truck Build: "Here"

Comment

Looks great, and you have done some work! keep going man your doing awesome!
              "on our way back i hit a bump and both of the springs slip off of their seats and slashed both of my front tires."

-Dane M

If your not doing this, your doing it wrong.

Comment

another pick n pull find, not that exciting but meh. hood bra $3 lol

unsure if it will stay on tho, kinda on the fence about it...

also thanks for the comments, compliments and feedback you guys!

Comment

they drive out nice when there's nothing wrong with them.

Comment

Originally posted by alicefrerichs View Post
                    they drive out nice when there's nothing wrong with them.
                    wtf? ever single one of this guy's posts is a copy of the first part of another persons post?

Comment

Originally posted by Randomofodication View Post
                      wtf? ever single one of this guy's posts is a copy of the first part of another persons post?
                      I noticed that as well probably just confused and doesn't speak English well

Comment

Spammer.
                        Originally posted by Jesus Christ
                        he mustve enjoyed that bj.

i know for a fact you chubby bitches could suck the air bubbles out of a brake line

Comment

Im sort of okay with this. I wish the mudflaps would dissapear though.

Comment

Would you post a few pictures of your mods to the strut tower?

Comment

Mate if you happen to come across an s12 silvia can you let me know!? I'm after some side skirts and maybe other bits and pieces. Liking this thread

Comment

I'll try to grab some picture sometime soon. essentially your just shorting the connection for the shock absorber as the threaded section on the kw is much shorter then the stock struts.
                                some quick Google sketchup pics to help try and explain what i did:
                                for the modified one i added some larger washers to the top as well

and this is just the top of the shock absorbers. the KW's have a much shorter stepped down diameter/threaded section

this pic is NOT from my car, just using it to show what im talking about:
                                essentially the mounts (parts with the bolt sticking out from the top of the strut tower) are shortened to allow for less thread, and extra washers added.

hope that helps!

@Anonymoose, for sure. haven't seen much in the yard in terms of imports but if i come across one i'll let you know!

Comment

Working...
                                X