BBS RSii's / Help and Questions!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BBS RSii's / Help and Questions!

Hey guys, so i have a few questions about these wheels. Just picked them up today, someone ended up trading me for my VMR701's.. I though at first that the wheels were fake, however saw the stamps and everything in person and verified the authenticity.

First question..
    1. How rare are these wheels exactly.. they are 5x112 ET32 and 18x8. I've never seen or heard anyone with RSiis with those specs.

2. They were painted a shitty black, spray paint.. not dip. I'll need new center caps for sure. About how much am i looking to spend on those, and where can i source them from? I also want to get the lips stripped & polished, and get the faces stripped and painted (which i can do myself) What do you guys recommend for the lips and the faces both to get all the old paint off??

3. If i were to ever sell these after refinishing them, how much should i ask.

That's about all for now! Thanks to anyone who replies, i can drop pics if need be.

1. They're not super rare. Also not super desirable with the narrow width and high-ish offset.

2. The original center cap number is 0924410 (chrome). They're 70mm, 3 prong back. Different colors will have different part numbers.Usually about $100/set.

Aircraft stripper on the lips. It's not always very effective on centers, so I would get them bead blasted.

3. Refinished, without tires, about $1200.

There are two things I want to warn you about:

-These type of 2 piece BBS wheels is a pain in the ass to work on. The bolts like to snap, and the heads strip (they use an 8mm triple square). On my last set, I had one bolt snap on removal, and two valves were so stuck I drilled the heads off. The stuck pieces then had to be machined out. If they have the glued on chrome trim rings on the lips, they're a lot of work to remove polish.

-Parts are expensive and usually have to come from Europe. The valves, caps, and filler extensions add up quickly, if you need to replace any of them.

Comment

Working...
    X