No announcement yet.

project: lower/faster-toyota hilux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

man that's a ton of awesome fab work - I may have missed it, but what engine are you running now? (or planning to)

"Never argue with an idiot; they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience"

Comment

that was the first tinkerings, it resulted in crazy camber up front, like 13* and was pretty much a shot just to get me closer to the correct ballpark.

I figured out measurements from here for how I needed to adjust the design, cut and welded some more and got a great result. I'll prolly be running -5ish up front. these are pics of finishing up the LCAs

next thing to include is my bump steer correction. initially i had left the steering arms bolted in the stock location, but after pulling things apart further i found that they would work out perfect if I swapped them driver-passenger(flips them upside down) and moved them to the lower set of holes in the spindle. tie rod angle went from undriveable to basically perfect

before at full droop

after at full droop

at an approximation of ride height, they're sitting basically dead level

that's a shortened and slightly watered down version of what i did with my front suspension, and i have yet to see how it actually sits, but I've also come up with single adjustable QA1 shocks for the front to, so that's the next thing to go on. cheers everybody
      conversion syndicate*

4g63 swapped Hilux: http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=75423

ig: makercruuz

Comment

Originally posted by TeckniX View Post
        ...man that's a ton of awesome fab work - I may have missed it, but what engine are you running now? (or planning to)
        thank you! motor is the 6 bolt 4G63T out of my old awd eclipse
        conversion syndicate*

Comment

Looking good man

@fackinsteve ; fackin build thread :
          http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ill-build-E36s

Comment

This is really sick man. I love all the work you're doing with the front end. I just got my orange 80 long bed project back rolling, but I pulled my fast motor out and I'm going back to a 20r for the vintage feels that I miss so dearly. I'm doing so weird stuff under the front of mine too, but I'm not getting quite so crazy since I'm trying to finish it asap and start dailying it again. I'll definitely be watching this though.
            IG: ashtonlafleur

Comment

Originally posted by fackinsteve View Post
              Looking good man
              Thank you kindly

Originally posted by aLaFleur View Post
              This is really sick man.....
              thanks bud. I lol'd at vintage feels. Too bad you live so damn far away, I'm pretty sure I could duplicate my front end on another truck in one weekend, the new shit I had to order was very little. Figuring it all out the first go around is what takes so much time

More work this week for sure, I went about the floor in a slightly new and better direction, trying to get it done
              Last edited by cruuz; 09-08-2015, 02:04 PM.
              conversion syndicate*

Comment

Originally posted by cruuz View Post
                Thank you kindly

thanks bud. I lol'd at vintage feels. Too bad you live so damn far away, I'm pretty sure I could duplicate my front end on another truck in one weekend, the new shit I had to order was very little. Figuring it all out the first go around is what takes so much time
                Looks pretty straight forward! Haha I'm pretty sure I have most of the materials needed for laying around in the shop. I thought about copying you for a few seconds and then remembered I really just want more camber and don't care how it handles since it's just got to get me back and forward to work (15 minutes)

I am however real glad to see someone put together an effective front end for one of these trucks rather than the typical 84+ shit.

I was looking at using some mustang II parts and building my own control arms when I had well over 300 under the hood, but at 80ish hp I'll be happy to just drive it and kill reflectors.

Comment

Badass truck. I like your engine and turbo choice. I had the same stuff in my truck from ~2006 - 2014 (sold it last year). It was an absolute blast to drive. You'll love it. If you have any questions when it comes to wiring, I've built a ton of those wiring harnesses, and I'd be happy to help out if you're stuck. Wiring hell is where most 4G63 swaps go to die. Keep up the fantastic work!
                  - 1964 Impala conv
                  - 1991 Galant VR4 #1803
                  - 2005 Subaru RS
                  - 4G63 turbo Ram 50 (Sold)

Comment

This looks fucking mint man, keep up the good work!

Comment

You guys are pushing me into the garage, I fucking love it! Thanks for the morale boosters

Originally posted by JeremyN View Post
                      Badass truck. I like your engine and turbo choice. I had the same stuff in my truck from ~2006 - 2014 (sold it last year). It was an absolute blast to drive. You'll love it. If you have any questions when it comes to wiring, I've built a ton of those wiring harnesses, and I'd be happy to help out if you're stuck. Wiring hell is where most 4G63 swaps go to die. Keep up the fantastic work!
                      Thank you new friend Lolz. In all seriousness tho, I literally stripped every stupid harness out of the eclipse to reuse in the truck. The only things I'll have to make work between any truck wiring and the eclipse stuff is headlights/tails, wiper motor, and heater. I even have the turn signal/cruise control cluster off the steering column of the eclipse, it fits the yota steering tube
                      conversion syndicate*

Comment

came for old school Toyota....stayed for insane custom fab, I love it man

Comment

Got most of the new metal in for the trans tunnel part of the floor. I'm having to pay close attention to the headroom since drift events require a helmet. Unless I find a screaming deal, race seats won't be going in until this winter, but I'm gonna have to get something like Lo-Maxs to fit snug to the floorpan. Might have most of it done tomorrow or Wednesday

Also found out recently that a guy I work with does all of his own rollcages and also builds for other people for competition use. Thats another winter project on the list, pumped that I'll be able to get the hookup on bent pipes.

Gonna have to show some love to my cab corners I guess.....

conversion syndicate*

Comment

I love being 1 business day away from summit for parts
                            Got my front adjustable shocks and steering wheel install kit. I'll def have to do some clearancing to get them to pass thru the LCAs but I'm betting it'll be totally worth it

Cab floor is almost done but no update pics for it yet
                            conversion syndicate*

Comment

Originally posted by cruuz View Post
                              I love being 1 business day away from summit for parts
                              Being able to drive there in 30 minutes is pretty sweet too haha

Comment

Originally posted by aLaFleur View Post
                                Being able to drive there in 30 minutes is pretty sweet too haha
                                Ok you've got me beat on that one Lolz. Prolly better off for my wallet tho

Spent a couple hours in my union's shop yesterday getting the runner openings drilled out on my mani adapter plate. Will be port matching it up to the head and manifold with my die grinder soon

Also found another part I didn't need but had to have. HKS throttle body elbow

I'll be trying my best to get the cab floor finished up this afternoon
                                conversion syndicate*

Comment

Working...
                                X