2001 BMW 560i 6.0 LSx/T56 SOLD

2000 Corvette Hardtop FRC

Comment

Epic!

Comment

Originally posted by Cyrbuiltsinglecam View Post
        [IMG]IMG_1072[/IMG]

Subbed
        That's a sick picture o.o I'll have to take one like that with one of my buddies lol

Originally posted by C2_mad View Post
        Epic!
        Thanks man!

Well I'm working this weekend on night shift, when I get off at 0700 Monday morning I'll be going to my high school to bribe my old auto teacher to let me use the shop to install my rear bags at least.
        The rear bags on this car are way different compared to my E46, I'm replacing a whole lot of parts back there lol, so if I can get that done on a lift I'll be happy to do my front struts on jackstands at Johns house lol.

On another side note my wheels went to powder day before yesterday which means the redrill has been complete. Im really hoping to have them by the end of next week for test fitting and tire size picking. And my trunk was also delivered today but I'm a hundred miles from home, taking another step in the hiring process for a new agency. I think I'm making good strides so some positive vibes would be great!!

And lastly, can anyone give me some input on tire sizes? Without giving away what kind of wheels they are, they're 18x10.5 and 18x11.
        I'm thinking either 225/35 or 225/40 upfront, and 255/35 in the back. Would this be enough stretch for my car? I tried tyrestretch and couldn't find any decent pics. I ran a 215/40 on my 10.5 on the back of the wagon and it scared the shit out of me so I'm trying to not do that again lol.

Thanks for the support guys, it's really nice!
        Bagged '01 325i Touring - Sold 😢
        Bagged '10 E90 335i - Build Thread

Comment

So my trunk came in yesterday like I said, and I just got home a few minutes ago. So I run out to the garage like a kid in a candy store to find a 6 foot tall ECS Tuning box (insert happy face). So I slice it open like the first fish I caught on the stream last year, throw all the enormous packing peanuts out of the way to reveal the glow of Pandora's box. Maybe I'm being a little dramatic but I was super excited.
          So I take the styrofoam paper wrapped trunk in to the house, and while carrying it I think to myself "man this is really light? I knew my new trunk would be light but this is crazy light." So I get into the living room and shred the paper off, and my smile goes ear to ear.

I ordered this because hey it was on sale, and I kinda wanted it to be paint matched anyways.

And got free shipping when it wasn't supposed to be an option ($181.40) and I got the trunk on sale for nearly $150 off. So I was super excited right?

Ripped the paper off and found this:

Yes. That's a full carbon CSL trunk. I don't know how my luck is so good, because this is literally about the 6th time this has happened to me. (Ordering the cheaper option, and getting the more expensive/better option by mistake) I have emailed ECS Tuning to let them know I received the wrong product in case they want to exchange it, because I feel wrong for getting the product that costs twice as much as I paid and getting free shipping. Although I don't think they'll want to pay the $181 shipping both ways again.

So I was going to wait until I got it paint matched because it would have been half carbon have normal, but since this is full carbon I'm gonna go ahead and try to slap it on Monday while I'm installing my air ride. I'm so excited about this ������
          Last edited by Hugger; 07-12-2017, 02:09 AM.

Comment

dam that looks sweet... epic find. and to think you were still on the fence if you bought it now or not. you will be painting it a a later date correct?

Comment

dam that looks sweet... epic find. and to think you were still on the fence if you bought it now or not. you will be painting it a a later date correct?
              I'm going to install it as full carbon and see how I like it, although I'm not a huge fan of carbon fibers look. My wheels faces are going to be grey so that may end up matching and I keep it carbon. We'll see lol

Comment

So I got up to the high school today, and started on my air ride. While trying to find an ignition source for my management, I happened to short my test light to the fuel pump control module and blew the fuel pump fuse. Replaced the fuse and the car ran fine.
                About an hour later I tried to leave and the car is misfiring like freaking crazy, barely running. I don't know if I fried the HPFP or roasted the whole electric system in the car or what. I'm pretty frustrated.

However on the bright side, I gave up on the air ride for now and installed the CSL trunk. Looks great

Wish me luck on fixing this misfire issue. Until it's fixed I won't be working on the air ride so I'm hoping to figure it out quickly
                Last edited by Hugger; 07-12-2017, 02:10 AM.

Comment

Well I got started again on the bags yesterday after figuring out my misfire problem. So we get started or whatever and we pulled the exhaust, heat shield and the trunk pan to cut a hole for the air lines to pass through.

Didn't take anymore pics after that but we got the management all hooked up, and finally started on the bags.

Got the both of the rear bags done.

Attached the negative terminal back and hopped in to air up the rear, fired it up and now my blinkers don't work, windows won't work, none of the interior lights work, I'm getting random open door alerts, and some other bs. So now I'm chasing that gremlin in the electrical system. Won't be continuing on the bags until I get this fixed again.
                  Wish me luck. Will add a pic of the car aired out when I get the fronts done. It still looks almost stock height aired out with the front stock suspension on still.

Say a prayer for me so my car doesn't magically, totally unsuspiciously catch on fire and burn to the ground.
                  Last edited by Hugger; 07-12-2017, 02:12 AM.

Comment

Did some research, my issue looked like a fried FRM (footwell module) and it's covered under warranty until 120k miles. Thought they'd laugh in my face asking for warranty work with the air ride system hooked up, but the service tech I called happened to have a full bolt on 135i on e85, etc and said he'd look the other way for me
                    Got the FRM replaced under warranty and it fixed my issues, I found a proper ignition source, but now my compressor won't build over 30 psi in the tank -.- So I'm going through the tank tomorrow to find any leaks or anything that may be causing that, if not I probably need a new compressor because this one has a solid 30 hours of run time on it. I also have a red brake light on now after the FRM replacement that I have to take back to get checked out. Hopefully that's nothing serious.
                    Once I get the compressor situation figured out, front bags will be going on FINALLY hopefully lol. Hoping my wheels will be done in the next few days also. So lets all hope it starts to actually work out finally!

Will update asap

Comment

dam... nothing but bad luck. at least the tech did you a solid. hope you get it all sorted asap

Comment

dam... nothing but bad luck. at least the tech did you a solid. hope you get it all sorted asap
                        I'm hoping my luck can turn around soon, getting really frustrated with the car lol.

Comment

Hurray!!! I'm putting this on RIGHT now.

Hopefully front bags on tomorrow! Would work on them today but I'm attending a funeral, friend of mine at the police department in my city passed away unexpectedly. Lift his family in your Prayers If you would.

Hope to update soon!
                          Last edited by Hugger; 07-12-2017, 02:12 AM.

Comment

Well that's sad to hear, my condolences to you. Hopefully working on your car can keep your mind of things for a bit, it's getting better every week. Keep it up!
                            Last edited by Fons; 02-20-2017, 09:48 AM.

Comment

So here's a much awaited update guys;
                              Finally got the full air ride on.

This go-round we're at LS E39 John's house.
                              We started with taking off the wheels, obviously. However something always has to mess up when I work on it....
                              Your wheels might be severely over-torqued when..

John actually working

Me taking pics for the 'Gram

WE IN BIDNISS

Run lines to the passenger front and realized I didn't have enough line, needed about 12 more feet Fast forward to today when the semi-truck parts stores are open, I found someone with 15 feet left on a reel Go back to John's and finish today.

Will try to get better pics when I get a chance to, and I really need to figure out how to get my front lower because I'm not 100% happy with it right now. With the rear where it's at I should sit fender to lip in the rear with a little camber so that will work.

Get home from finishing the bags, and get hit with a pic of my completed wheels. I'M SO HYPE. Should I post a pic or nah? Kinda wanna wait till they're on the car but maybe not
                              Last edited by Hugger; 07-12-2017, 02:20 AM.

Comment

Loving this, that CSL bootlid was an awesome bit of luck What wheels are you going for?
                                My BMW E36 318ti Steel Blue Compact build thread -
                                http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=88271

Comment

Working...
                                X