Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ac Schnitzer Type 1 ADVICE NEEDED!!

Hey guys,

Just got a set of 3 piece Ac Schnitzer Type 1 wheels that are in very good condition but i will restore them a bit more. They are 8x17 E33 and 9x17 E45,5... So they have a 1.5" lip in the front and back, but I really want to get bigger lips. Do you guys think I could build the fronts with a 3" lip and put them in the back making them 9.5. Then putting the original rears (9") in the front?? Has anybody done this before? I think the setup would be 17x9 and 17x9.5. Would this look good on an e36, or does anybody have any other set up suggestions?
    Last edited by e36_Danny; 10-04-2015, 03:29 PM.

Hi.
    You can build them to whatever widths, 17" OZ parts are readily available.
    Most staggered setups are 1" or more(9 and 10 for example).
    Not sure about fitment with that offset, but should be possible.

OZ, MSW, ABT, Carlsson, etc 10 point bolt tools info

Comment

As zoo said, a good stagger is usually bigger than just 0.5in in width, but if the dish difference is bigger, in your case 1.5in then a decent staggered look is still achieved and would look fine. I don't know how you'll go with a 9 +45 up front as it'll sit quite tucked and might foul the strut....you'll probably need spacers to get them sitting nice(and away from the strut) and then a 9.5 +14 might require a little work to get on the back, but the E36 experts will know more about that.

Comment

yeah unfortunately that's what I was wondering about too. I think the offset is just too high for me to do the 3" lip, but I might as well give it a go... I really didn't want to buy new barrels too but thats where it looks like I'm going with this lol. Thanks man!

Comment

The 3in lipped rear should work fine. A flat roll, slight pump, stretched tyre and some camber should get it in there ok. It's the front where you might want a smaller barrel, and maybe a 2in lip, which would mean less spacing, but either way I'm sure you'll need spacers up front.

Comment

Thanks for the help man. I'm actually at college or else I would be getting exact measurements but I changed my mind. I may keep the fronts at 8" wit the 1.5" lip, and put 2.5" on the rears making them 10. So the new set up would be 17x8 & 17x10. Now I just have to figure out if I can fit some meat back there lol. Thanks man

Comment

Sounds like a better setup. You still might want small spacers depending where you want them to sit(mainly up front), but if you're wanting meaty tyres, maybe not.

What colour is the car and what finish are you thinking on the wheels? They're a great wheel, mine that I did are probably still one of my favs to date.

Comment

Alright so I've finally made up my mind. I want my M3 to be very aggressive so I'm going to buy 3" lips for the back and 2" for the front. Making it 17x8.5 and 17x10.5. Does anybody know how to calculate the et for this? I'm stuck right now and not positive if I should order the lips or not. Im going to run 245/35 in the back and most likely 225 in the front but not positive yet.

Comment

8.5 +26 and 10.5 +26(give or take 0.5mm to 1mm)

Comment

How did you get that if you don't mind me asking?... Just trying to learn as much as possible right now

Comment

For every half inch you add to the dish, subtract 6-7mm from the offset, and for every inch you add you subtract 13mm(or thereabouts, which is why I said give or take....it depends how mm precise you want to get). Same goes with taking width off the barrel, you subtract it from the offset for every half or full inch to lower the offset. But if you add to the barrel or take off dish, then you add to the offset in the same increments to get a higher positive offset. Hopefully that makes sense.

Comment

Working...
                      X