BMW E36/Z3 Complete Air Ride Setup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BMW E36/Z3 Complete Air Ride Setup

Just a feeler right now. I'm still daily-driving the car with it installed. Considering selling to free up a bit of cash for a new project. I love the setup... not selling because I'm unhappy with it. Just looking at other vehicle options.

Pictures and more info here:
    Bimmerforums is the preferred online BMW Forum and community for BMW owners. At Bimmerforums, you will find technical how-to information maintenance specifics audio advice wheel and tire combinations and model specific details not found anywhere else. Our professionals are here to help make sure you find the answers you need to your questions and our community is here to help other brainstorm ideas for the future.

I've put on about 5000 miles since installing.

Asking $1500
    Will do a partial trade for your coilovers.

-Air Lift universal 10 way adjustable struts
    -Universal Air Airhouse 2 rear bags
    -Strange Engineering S6000EM 10 way adjustable shocks
    -RidePro Manifolds
    -Viair 380c compressor
    -SMC water trap
    -SMC check valve
    -Two Viair 1 gallon tanks
    -110/150 pressure switch
    -single needle tank gauge
    -1/4" lines fully sleeved with fiberglass/silicone insulation
    -All wiring and relays
    -4 convertible top switches to control valves
    -Any extra lines, fittings, etc I have

Ride quality is great. I usually keep the shocks at full-soft, and it's slightly stiffer than stock.

The left front strut had a couple small dings in the strut shaft where the upper O-ring seals. It used to lose about 10psi/day. I filled them with black RTV, and now it only loses about 3-5psi every 2 or 3 days. It could be filled with something like JB weld (which I may do) and polished smooth for a perfect seal. The system is otherwise leak-free. The same strut has a small rub mark on the bag (15mm x 4mm x 1mm deep). It was there when I got them, and it hasn't been an issue.
Working...
X