No announcement yet.

1988 civic sedan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hoodbra and roof rack amounted to 50$ .. if i came across a set of wheels for 50 i wouldve without a doubt haha

Comment

can someone tell me why this happened?

Comment

You forgot to put the big black washer back on.

Comment

wheres the black washer go?

Comment

Oh my

Comment

i had something similar to this happen on one of my civics, as someone already said it looks like you forgot to put the washer in that would prevent that piston? from popping up like that.

Comment

thanks man ... i'm in no way shape or form an expert at this stuff but i prefer to do it myself so if i mess up, like i did, its a lesson learned. but thanks again

Comment

Actually the washer is cad plated not black as I previously stated. It sits on the shaft where the taper is. When you took the top hat off, looking down it goes, flat washer-dust cover-cad washer-bumpstop

Comment

thanks for the help i got it figured out... my internet has been down sorry for the delay but yes i did get it on right

Comment

I hope your not actually running those lug nuts on stock (OEM) wheels. Those are a hazard if the seat does not match the wheel. Take a look at this link http://www.brandsport.com/howdoifirilu.html without the right seat type, the lug nuts do not fit flush with the wheel. Therefore the wheel will not fit well against the studs which equals DANGER!
                      BTW liking the EF i love OLDSCHOOL!
                      Last edited by Hella_RICH; 05-25-2011, 07:22 PM. Reason: add text
                      [Cut. Weld. Scrape. = Bagged e30 Build Thread]

[Instagram: Ritchie_30]

Comment

Looks to me that they are OEM steelies, in which case the lug nut should seat correctly.
                        - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

Originally posted by Kielan View Post
                          Looks to me that they are OEM steelies, in which case the lug nut should seat correctly.
                          What i'm saying is hes most likely running the wrong aftermarket lug nuts on OEM steelies. He would need to purchase a pair that are Ball seat in order for the best fit. After market extended lug nuts are not made to fit OEM wheels. However if they are Ball type then that's great, he wouldn't have to worry about a stud snapping off on him

Here are the correct specs for a Civic
                          http://www.brandsport.com/golugnuand...96219032243274
                          Last edited by Hella_RICH; 05-26-2011, 09:08 AM. Reason: text
                          [Cut. Weld. Scrape. = Bagged e30 Build Thread]

[Instagram: Ritchie_30]

Comment

Not sure where you got that idea from... There are TONS of acorn seat extended lugs... I'm sure he bought them from a site that also deals with Honda parts, so the chances of getting anything else other than acorn is also pretty low. I know of a ton of people that run extended lugs on OEM steelies..
                            - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

I've been in wisconsin for the college baseball world series but I'm currently on my way home so I'll be able to work on my car and finally finish the rear... And the lugs fit correctly. It's only been a little more than a week since I've been with my car but feels like a month. So excited to be home!!! I'll post updates by the weekend thanks again for the help guys

Comment

little update, front and back are spun all the way down

Comment

Working...
                                X