Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by P78 View Post
    bbs amg aero only use 20 hole lips...
    If i remember correctly they 're like style 5's (face and barrel), not sure...

Does anybody know if the 16" Pininfarinas centers fit into
    16" or 17" bbs lips and barrels?

Also anyone have informations about the one piece version in 16x7 ET40?
    They are BBS PA019...

Comment

Originally posted by OrangeBlue View Post
      If i remember correctly they 're like style 5's (face and barrel), not sure...

Does anybody know if the 16" Pininfarinas centers fit into
      16" or 17" bbs lips and barrels?

Also anyone have informations about the one piece version in 16x7 ET40?
      They are BBS PA019...
      I do not believe the 16" Pininfarinas fit into the 16" BBS RS barrels. If I remember correctly, the 16" Pininfarinas are reverse lipped? The 16" RS faces are tiny in comparison.

Do you have a pic of the PA019?
      Hella4 | MTechnica Wheels - Wheel Designer | Memoryfab

Comment

Originally posted by Clun9 View Post
        I do not believe the 16" Pininfarinas fit into the 16" BBS RS barrels. If I remember correctly, the 16" Pininfarinas are reverse lipped? The 16" RS faces are tiny in comparison.
        Man that sucks...
        Yes the pininfarinas are reserve lipped, since the rs face is
        sandwish mount it could be possible that they are the same size.
        Maybe i have to buy them and find out...

Do you have a pic of the PA019?
        Yes i do...

Seems to be oem for Opel/Vauxhall
        16x7 ET40, CB 56,6
        Last edited by OrangeBlue; 04-09-2014, 12:06 PM.

Comment

I recently bought a set of bbs bugattis, which have tacbolts.
          I took a closer look and could it be posible to remove the part thats pressed on
          the tacbolt, and cut a tread onto the remaining part and use it like a normal bolt.

And are the barrels and lips powdercoated von factory?

Comment

I have a set of Pininfarinas in 7,5x16, et15, 5x120. These are pretty rare over here, and mine had bad previous owner/s . First somebody blasted (not sandblasted) them and made a mess, then tried to straighten the barrels by smacking them with a hammer... so one barrel was cracked at the rear, and all four were crooked. I got them all straightened and now they no longer wobble (faces were straight, fortunately), but there's still quite a lot of damage from blasting ; faces are ok, but lips are like this

Would it be safe to mill this to the point where it would be straight? the holes are 1 - 2mm deep, can it affect the balance/strength of the wheel too much?

And another thing, where could I get these bolts?

Originally posted by martinm13 View Post
            It seems that only the ones for BBS RC are similar (except the head) but they're also rare. I have all 80 nuts and bolts, but they're a bit rusty, and nobody around here can get them chromed... And if I polish the top, there's still a bit of rust underneath willing to spread further...

Any advice is much appreciated
            My mk2b build thread

Comment

Man that sucks...
              Yes the pininfarinas are reserve lipped, since the rs face is
              sandwish mount it could be possible that they are the same size.
              Maybe i have to buy them and find out...

Yes i do...

Seems to be oem for Opel/Vauxhall
              16x7 ET40, CB 56,6
              Yeah, most likely an OEM or factory option wheel of some sort. What's the bolt pattern?

Comment

Originally posted by thund3rdom3 View Post
                I have a set of Pininfarinas in 7,5x16, et15, 5x120. These are pretty rare over here, and mine had bad previous owner/s . First somebody blasted (not sandblasted) them and made a mess, then tried to straighten the barrels by smacking them with a hammer... so one barrel was cracked at the rear, and all four were crooked. I got them all straightened and now they no longer wobble (faces were straight, fortunately), but there's still quite a lot of damage from blasting ; faces are ok, but lips are like this

Would it be safe to mill this to the point where it would be straight? the holes are 1 - 2mm deep, can it affect the balance/strength of the wheel too much?

And another thing, where could I get these bolts?

It seems that only the ones for BBS RC are similar (except the head) but they're also rare. I have all 80 nuts and bolts, but they're a bit rusty, and nobody around here can get them chromed... And if I polish the top, there's still a bit of rust underneath willing to spread further...

Any advice is much appreciated
                In your situation, I would not mill the lips simply because the fact that lips are pretty thin to begin with. Taking anymore additional material from it would reduce the structural integrity even more especially since they had been damaged from blasting. For the lips I would think that you should replace them. If not, then you should at least try to sand them down smooth before polishing.

For the faces, you would be able to sand them down just the same and then polish or refinish them in whatever manner. As for the little pockets of rust, depending on how deep the rust is, you might have to drill it out and weld a filler in there. Mind you this would only be a cosmetic fix which is why I am asking you how deep you think the rust is. Once you fill the hole with a weld, you would have to sand it smooth and finish it of course.

Comment

Replacing the lips is not an option, as they're one with the barrels (2piece with face detachable), and there's none to be found here... Do you think I could sand them that much? It's a lot of work but I'm willing to do it if it will get them smooth enough to polish. If I don't get them smooth they're getting painted, but that's plan B. As for the pockets of rust, they're just on surface, easy to sand off.

Tnx for the answers =)

EDIT:

what can be done with a few sandpapers and a drill

Last edited by thund3rdom3; 04-17-2014, 11:35 AM.
                  My mk2b build thread

Comment

Yeah, most likely an OEM or factory option wheel of some sort. What's the bolt pattern?
                    4x100

I recently bought a set of bbs bugattis, which have tacbolts.
                    I took a closer look and could it be posible to remove the part thats pressed on
                    the tacbolt, and cut a tread onto the remaining part and use it like a normal bolt.

And are the barrels and lips powdercoated von factory?
                    Clun9 do you know somthing about the paint and the bolts, could it be possible
                    to cut a tread onto the tacbolts?

I bougth the 16" Pininfarinas, hope they fit, if not i use them as my winterwheels...

Comment

I want a cheap set in 5x120 to experiment with

in the case of the blasted lip pictures, those look like they were previously chromed and someone went through the de-chroming process.. best bet is to get new barrels altogether.
                      sigpic
                      1990 Nissan fairlady Z32 - long term build
                      1982 euro porsche 930 turbo

"A less- assuming enthusiast probably wouldnt even think that this Z ran because of how naked the engine compartment was. The motor looks as if it just floats there, with nothing else in sight." Super Street 9/2012

http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=19185

Comment

Originally posted by 1badg35 View Post
                        I want a cheap set in 5x120 to experiment with
                        Maybe i can help you out with that, i send you a pm.

Do you have experiance with tacbolts?

Comment

4x100

Clun9 do you know somthing about the paint and the bolts, could it be possible
                          to cut a tread onto the tacbolts?

I bougth the 16" Pininfarinas, hope they fit, if not i use them as my winterwheels...
                          Theoretically you can thread them. But the process of threading every single one will take WAY too long. I would just get new nuts and bolts altogether.

Comment

Originally posted by thund3rdom3 View Post
                            Replacing the lips is not an option, as they're one with the barrels (2piece with face detachable), and there's none to be found here... Do you think I could sand them that much? It's a lot of work but I'm willing to do it if it will get them smooth enough to polish. If I don't get them smooth they're getting painted, but that's plan B. As for the pockets of rust, they're just on surface, easy to sand off.

Tnx for the answers =)

EDIT:

what can be done with a few sandpapers and a drill

You will be able to sand some of the grain away but some of the pitting in the pics seem to go pretty deep. I do understand that they are 2 piece and that the barrels and lips are one unit. That being said, you can get replacement barrels from many different places across the EU that I'm sure will be willing to ship to you.

1badg35 is right, I think they stripped the chrome off the barrels. Most of the Pininfarinas had chrome lips.

Comment

Maybe i can help you out with that, i send you a pm.

Do you have experiance with tacbolts?
                              Sent over a pm. Wanting to experiment for sure with a set of the 2 piece in 5x120
                              sigpic
                              1990 Nissan fairlady Z32 - long term build
                              1982 euro porsche 930 turbo

"A less- assuming enthusiast probably wouldnt even think that this Z ran because of how naked the engine compartment was. The motor looks as if it just floats there, with nothing else in sight." Super Street 9/2012

http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=19185

Comment

You will be able to sand some of the grain away but some of the pitting in the pics seem to go pretty deep. I do understand that they are 2 piece and that the barrels and lips are one unit. That being said, you can get replacement barrels from many different places across the EU that I'm sure will be willing to ship to you.

1badg35 is right, I think they stripped the chrome off the barrels. Most of the Pininfarinas had chrome lips.
                                I'll try to sand as much as possible, if that won't be enough I'll get them painted until I find another set with good lips. I'll also try to get more info on replacement barrels, didn't know anybody would have those anymore since these are not as popular as RM, RS, LM and similar.
                                My mk2b build thread

Comment

Working...
                                X