I've looked everywhere I NEED ANSWERS! and help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've looked everywhere I NEED ANSWERS! and help

Hi, I have a very annoying problem and hopefully someone on here can help me. I have a set of dpe r16s that are two piece forge welded... sadly i'm getting them refinished and my build has come to a stop because.. I wanted the bolts/rivets to be gold. Now you're thinking okay just take em out and spray them, powder coat them blah blah. The problem is they are plastic push in/out cosmetic rivets. The worst part is, I've contacted dpe and my wheels are discontinued which means they don't sell anymore parts for my wheels and! they said they have no clue what size they are. My original plan was to just paint them but since they are plastic that isn't happening. So My two questions are, Does anyone know where or who sells push in rivets that are already gold, and second the whole is 6mm wide on the barrel is there any other bolts like bbs rs gold bolts that are that size and i can just tighten them with nuts? I'm so confused and have no clue what route to take. PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME! I have pictures of the wheels a closer picture of the hole and another picture of the rivet. The heads are 13mm and its 15mm long.
    Attached Files

bump!

Comment

Not exactly what you're looking for (RS-style head), but these are the only push-in "fasteners" I know of:

Comment

thanks kyle for the input.

Comment

how big is the seating spot for the bolt heads ?

you can tap those holes for a metric or SAE thread and screw in actual screws. look at McMaster Carr hardware on the web and find a screw with a large diameter head that fits the seat for the bolt head on the wheel.
          brass or gold plate them if you want.

or you can always epoxy glue in a bunch of screws that happen to fit that hole. kinda cheezy though.

you can find any screw that fits and cut off the shank to fit the hole.

Comment

Buy some 6mm gold headed screws. Cut them down to size and epoxy/loctite them in place.
            -Instagram@jdjurhuus
            Stretchsaurus and Pokemon.

Comment

Working...
            X