No announcement yet.

Something to get your panties in a bunch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks everyone for all the encouragement!!
    And I have changed my mind on the color, it doesn't do the car justice,
    But it will probably end up grey as that was my final intention anyway.

Right now (literally) I'm taking out my sunroof and tracks to get to my moldy
    Headliner that I'm pulling out, does anyone know where to find an oem headliner?
    Or atleast one that isn't moldy? All the Pull-A-Parts I have been to don't have
    any headliners worth pulling and I'd like to have one rather than framework..

Thanks for the words of encouragement and check back soon!!

https://www.facebook.com/CltchLrdsDrpPnties

Comment

Hey everyone, so I've been doing some thinking and my girlfriend has also suggested some things
      and I wanted to just kinda toss out an idea, I'm running out of money and kinda have three options
      at this point, either sell the E30 and save up for a few months and get something in better condition,
      with a motor. Or use this as a purpose built racecar, which I don't want to do because I wanted this
      to be a complete daily driver. OR stick with it, and keep on keepin' on until it's done and running which would take several years. So sell it and buy something with a motor. Make it a racecar and have to tow it around and get another car as a daily. Or keep going and not have it running or another car until I'm 18 or so... What do you think? I just wanted some opinions..

Thanks for looking!

Comment

Keep going with it man. Save your money till you can really do what you want with this car. You have a good start, don't give up now.
        Ol Dirty Bastard - RIP

Photo by Alex Dooley
        2016 Ducati Scrambler, 2015 Subaru Impreza

Comment

Originally posted by Rinku-Bitch View Post
          2012-05-05 17.40.15

Just another day working in the forest no biggie.

Comment

So here is the update of what has happened since it's been in the garage.

The headliner removal, starting from the back I took out the back window and pulled the
            weather stripping down and etc. etc.
            [IMG]2012-05-31 15.42.56[/IMG]

A few non descriptive pictures of random parts of the car as I remove the headliner
            [IMG]2012-05-31 15.43.21[/IMG]

After I took out the sun visors and all that
            [IMG]2012-05-31 15.43.38[/IMG]

This is my sunroof and the sun visor panel, that little ball of insulation is all that was there
            [IMG]2012-05-31 15.44.14[/IMG]

As I tried to pry out the windshield it kinda broke....
            Has this happened to anyone else? I've taken out a rear window this way twice before
            And it came out unharmed, so.... Yeah...
            [IMG]2012-05-31 16.28.28[/IMG]

So I discovered the reason for my low rear end and negative camber, the previous
            Owner cut the springs, but this one is sorta not in the right place
            [IMG]2012-06-01 15.43.49[/IMG]

A close up, should I just jack it up, reposition it, and let it back down?
            Or should I flip them so that the pigtail end is up? It would seem safer that way..
            [IMG]2012-06-01 15.41.00[/IMG]

I could always just leave it for now as lowering it wasn't even close to my first
            priority..

Thanks for looking!!

Comment

Those welds look really bad.

Comment

It looks like You used crowbar to get that windshield out
                The best way to remove it is to push it out with the legs God gave You
                E30 build

Comment

Originally posted by Low Life View Post
                  Those welds look really bad.
                  Trust me I know, I need a friend that can weld.

It looks like You used crowbar to get that windshield out
                  The best way to remove it is to push it out with the legs God gave You
                  It was actually a flat head screwdriver, and I ended up pushing it out like that, which
                  broke it even more...

Comment

Nice man. I wish I made this much progress on my shell. Especially 10 years ago when I was your age. Shit.

Keep doin it! And fuck getting a friend that can weld, you just need to watch some youtube videos and go out there yourself. (FWIW I cannot weld)
                    4 Cars, 0 Cupholders

Comment

Originally posted by Rinku-Bitch View Post
                      Trust me I know, I need a friend that can weld.

It looks like you didn't grind the paint off or use a shielding gas. Both are a must when welding. Unless you are stick welding, then you just need to prep both areas.

Comment

i say do it in laguna green (OE BMW color)
                        -FREEDOM- is cruisin at 80, windows down and listening to the perfect song-thinking "this is it"
                        -The Beauty in the Tragedy-
                        MECHANIC SMASH!!- (you all know you do it)
                        Got Drop??

Comment

Originally posted by hi its me alec View Post
                          Nice man. I wish I made this much progress on my shell. Especially 10 years ago when I was your age. Shit.

Keep doin it! And fuck getting a friend that can weld, you just need to watch some youtube videos and go out there yourself. (FWIW I cannot weld)
                          Ahah, thanks. And trust me, youtube is my sensei for everything xD

It looks like you didn't grind the paint off or use a shielding gas. Both are a must when welding. Unless you are stick welding, then you just need to prep both areas.
                          I ground off paint all around each hole about 3 inches from the edge, and I'm also using
                          a 120 watt flux wire welder from harbor freight, I saw a guy doing PERFECT welds on
                          youtube with the exact same welder so it's just me, not sure what I'm doing wrong

Comment

Well hey there, long time no see, there should be an update coming relatively sorta soon?
                            My birthday is in three weeks and that means motor, that may or may not be complete shit, and lots
                            of other stuff too

Keep your eyes peeled for another post O_O

Comment

Good work so far, keep it up. Oh and that new color is going to look so good.
                              The hillbilly equivalent of a nasa substation worker.
                              Originally posted by Dubway5887
                              I felt bad for that dude. Of all places for a sink to be at a car show... Maybe sink holes like car shows like tornado's like trailer parks?

Comment

keep it build it drive when you get your license

Once apon-a-time world famous Photochopper
                                http://zammothechoppa.deviantart.com/ : )

Comment

Working...
                                X