Something never seen in the States.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Something never seen in the States.

Something that you guys in the states may never have seen... Here is my Opel Corsa A TR Mk1. I brought the car 4 and a half years ago, as my first car, and i've barely used it!

The car is a 1985 Mk1, and has only covered 30,003 miles since brand new... i have only covered 7,000 miles in it myself over 4 and a half years.

Its had many different sets of wheels, but the banded VW G60's custom colour coded, really have topped them all, and im extremely happy with the way it looks now.

In 2015, the car was fully stripped down and resprayed back to its original colour, so the car now, is essentially in better condition than when it was brand new!

I plan to ship it over to the U.S at some point for H20i, but i'm not sure when this will be, i dont want it being damaged on the ship!

Pictures below of its current look.

Nova Saloon Mk1 by Shaun Minton, on Flickr

Love the car, the interior is almost charming.

Great post, good luck on the shipping across the pond!
    Instagram @mawhfawkin
    97' Golf GL Hoopty Edition ($200)

Comment

Sweet Corsa! Would love to see it up close someday.

[/IMG]

In the late 80s GM tried to bring the Corsa here to the States, but they let Daewoo have their way with them first. It was a fatal error. The car was called the Pontiac Lemans to add insult to injury (the original Pontiac Lemans was a semi-muscle car that still has a large fanbase today). You can probably tell just about how well this whole scenario played out (not well at all).
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mawhfawkin- View Post
        Love the car, the interior is almost charming.

Great post, good luck on the shipping across the pond!
        Thanks mate, hopefully it will be OK, gonna strap some mattresses to the sides of it

Comment

Originally posted by BozoBubble View Post
          Sweet Corsa! Would love to see it up close someday.

[/IMG]

In the late 80s GM tried to bring the Corsa here to the States, but they let Daewoo have their way with them first. It was a fatal error. The car was called the Pontiac Lemans to add insult to injury (the original Pontiac Lemans was a semi-muscle car that still has a large fanbase today). You can probably tell just about how well this whole scenario played out (not well at all).
          I can only imagine the reaction to that!

I've just had a quick look at that on Google... the Pontiac Le Mans would have been known as the Vauxhall Astra Mk2 over here in the UK. But the Pontiac version is pig ugly!

Comment

This thing is awesome! It would turns heads here in North America.

Comment

Cheers dude, I really do want to get it over there. Would be awesome!

Comment

So coo! What an odd location for a fuel filler cap though, haha.
                Ol Dirty Bastard - RIP

Photo by Alex Dooley
                2016 Ducati Scrambler, 2015 Subaru Impreza

Comment

oh my! I remember seeing these back in Europe. Would be awesome to see one in the States but unfortunately the process is exhausting so I doubt it'll ever happen

Comment

Originally posted by theseeker411 View Post
                    So coo! What an odd location for a fuel filler cap though, haha.
                    It is an odd location, i'm 6 foot 7, so filling it up is good fun!

Comment

Indoors at Ultimate Stance in Telford last year. Really happy with the paintwork!

Indoors at Ultimate Stance 2015. by Shaun Minton, on Flickr

Comment

Looks damn good. Shes a keeper
                        Like_ay_sir

Comment

Always cheers me up seeing the interior.

Got to love the 80's styling <3

Untitled by Shaun Minton, on Flickr

Comment

These cars are awesome! I'm building a bit of a one-off at the moment...

Comment

Hot damn this is awesome. Would love to see one over here. I dont think he would do it, but I would get ahold or Orchideuro.com to see about shipping or just some guides on getting it here safe. He has been importing cars and parts for a few years now.
                              Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

Working...
                              X