econobox thuggin'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• econobox thuggin'

thought i would drop a few pics of my car just for the hell of it. i am a long time lurker here at stance works and admire and appreciate a lot of what you guys are doing on here!
    i hope one day i have something worthy of a build thread but until then here is my pile

my "build" if you could even call it that, pales in comparison to most others on here but its my daily and gets great fuel mileage.

2013 Mazda 3 Skyactiv
    6spd
    the retrofit source 5k hids
    CX Racing coilovers
    spc rear camber arms
    XXR 502 18x8 +40
    custom magnaflow axle back exhaust
    tinted tails
    clarion nx603 double din nav
    blox shift knob

I see you've never seen any car on this site ever. Well played.
    stanceworks: I don't really fit in.

Comment

posts like this are why i dont frequent this site anymore

Comment

Ditch the xxr's and tinted tails. Doesn't look too bad, would be better with real wheels though.

𝔣𝔬𝔩𝔩𝔬𝔴 𝔪𝔢
        @𝔳𝔦𝔳𝔢_𝔪𝔢𝔪𝔬𝔯_𝔩𝔢𝔱𝔦

Comment

Originally posted by rice4life View Post
          Ditch the xxr's and tinted tails. Doesn't look too bad, would be better with real wheels though.

thanks...i do agree i need better wheels...also plan on going lower and taking lock rings out of the coils...but as far as adjustment they are as low as they can go...as for the tails, i didn't go stupid dark and i also did it the right way and not with that shit in a can "nightshades" . i had them professionally sprayed with clear tinted with black.

Comment

Originally posted by 1988montecarloss View Post
            posts like this are why i dont frequent this site anymore
            good for you?

Comment

Originally posted by driftsucky View Post
              not really sure what you mean by this but I'm assuming thats a stab at me not being as low as you think i should be. i can stand my key fob up between front air dam under front bumper and the road...not that 4x4 i didn't think? sorry for having budget coilovers and not having piles of cash for expensive ass coils or bags i guess? whateva

Comment

Keep the xxr's. Makes the car boys extra mad.

Comment

Originally posted by blackICE View Post
                  not really sure what you mean by this but I'm assuming thats a stab at me not being as low as you think i should be. i can stand my key fob up between front air dam under front bumper and the road...not that 4x4 i didn't think? sorry for having budget coilovers and not having piles of cash for expensive ass coils or bags i guess? whateva
                  Some people forget that this forum is about building a car, and seeing the transformation and sharing your style with everyone. Ignore the ******, keep doing what you're doing.

Rome wasn't built in a day.

𝔣𝔬𝔩𝔩𝔬𝔴 𝔪𝔢
                  @𝔳𝔦𝔳𝔢_𝔪𝔢𝔪𝔬𝔯_𝔩𝔢𝔱𝔦

Comment

Originally posted by blackICE View Post

I'm only going to address this because I want to dispel a myth that you made reference to; "sorry for having budget coilovers"...

I don't know how many cars you've "lurked upon" on this site, but the OVERWHELMINGLY VAST number of them are on budget setups. I have seen only a few with high dollar bag or coil over setups. It isn't about how much money you spend. It's about how you setup your car.

You could have cx racing coils and xxr wheels and still have your car look dope as F&@K. The reason I said that you haven't seen any car on this site is not because of how much money you spent, but because of your setup. You could have shorter tires, better offset (i.e. spacers) and you wouldn't have spent any more money; or at least a very marginal amount. I really couldn't give a sh!t about what brand your wheels and coils are, tbh.

I had my infiniti setup on D2's and while my wheels were "legit", they didn't cost over a grand and I had 6 of them. I bought them used, rebuilt them and had them powdercoated. I had a set of style 95's, which are comparatively inexpensive. The last set I ran on the car were Work XD9's and CR Kai reps. REPS FAM!!!!!

So, fix your attitude and it will fix your car. Cool story brotato chip?
                    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

I'm only going to address this because I want to dispel a myth that you made reference to; "sorry for having budget coilovers"...

I don't know how many cars you've "lurked upon" on this site, but the OVERWHELMINGLY VAST number of them are on budget setups. I have seen only a few with high dollar bag or coil over setups. It isn't about how much money you spend. It's about how you setup your car.

You could have cx racing coils and xxr wheels and still have your car look dope as F&@K. The reason I said that you haven't seen any car on this site is not because of how much money you spent, but because of your setup. You could have shorter tires, better offset (i.e. spacers) and you wouldn't have spent any more money; or at least a very marginal amount. I really couldn't give a sh!t about what brand your wheels and coils are, tbh.

I had my infiniti setup on D2's and while my wheels were "legit", they didn't cost over a grand and I had 6 of them. I bought them used, rebuilt them and had them powdercoated. I had a set of style 95's, which are comparatively inexpensive. The last set I ran on the car were Work XD9's and CR Kai reps. REPS FAM!!!!!

So, fix your attitude and it will fix your car. Cool story brotato chip?
                      ¯_(ツ)_/¯
                      tbh you're the one that had the attitude when you semi-trolled him saying you've never seen a car on this site ever. He already stated he's the lowest he can go and I'm sure new wheels are coming in the future. This forum is going to shit with everybody and there 2 cents even though I just added to the fire.

Anyway OP, look forward to what you have for the future.
                      05' ZCP M3 | ig: @justin821

Comment

Originally posted by Staggered View Post
                        tbh you're the one that had the attitude when you semi-trolled him saying you've never seen a car on this site ever. He already stated he's the lowest he can go and I'm sure new wheels are coming in the future. This forum is going to shit with everybody and there 2 cents even though I just added to the fire.

Anyway OP, look forward to what you have for the future.
                        That's not an attitude. That's just not giving gold coins for trying.

The forum isn't going to shit because people have opinions. The culture is going to shit because half of the youngsters are only concerned about "baller setups" and "scene points" and the other half wants brownie points for doing something half-assed.

If this is as far as he wanted to go with his car, that'd be totally fine. The car doesn't look bad at all. It's clean, has a functional setup, and well put together. If he's happy with it, that's cool. HOWEVER, clearly, if he's posting on STANCEWORKS, he has a particular look that he's attempting. Instead of saving up to do it right the FIRST time, he's bought some "good enough" stuff and was hoping to get a huge thumbs up. Nobody has the "measure twice, cut once" attitude to builds. It's lemme quickly throw some stuff together so I can post up for scene points. F@#K THAT S#!T. Take your time, build your car FOR YOU, and when it gets done, it gets done. I mean, modification is supposed to be about expressing YOURSELF through your ride. Not what's popular or the latest trends.

At the end of the day, if the OP doesn't change a thing on his car, and HE likes it, F#$K what anybody else says about it, including ME. Sadly, I think he's still going to be chasing that white horse and pandering to gram.

/rant

Comment

have some 20mm spacers that i had used when i had my rx8 wheels on which brought them out to +30 and they fit great with a rear fender roll...going to try them out with current wheels which would bring them out to +20...probly not going to fit too well lmao but willing to give it a shot

Comment

So, fix your attitude and it will fix your car.
                            ¯_(ツ)_/¯
                            Oh the irony.

OP, im liking the route you're going. Maybe more aggressive fitment further down the road and you're onto a winner
                            -SW|UK-
                            Education - Knowledge - Power
                            insta: @stinkinrich

Comment

was bored after i came back from the car wash this afternoon...decided to try my spacers... brought the wheels out to +20...yeah not happening lmao. this would absolutely destroy my rear quarters and front fenders lol...one bump = done. would take a lot to pull this off. would need an aggressive fender pull, smaller tires, and more camber and even then would probably rub. unfortunately these cars arent made with low offset in mind lol.

still on the hunt for a more aggressive set of wheels ...until then here is a pic of my fail lol

Comment

Working...
                              X