Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just curious, how many more kits do you have left Mike?

Comment

• Originally posted by M.Burroughs View Post
      You're missing the simplicity of it. They simply don't go as high as other AST coils, and they go lower.

Our kits are fully capable of running perfect track-spec heights and are equally as functional and equally as capable as any comparative AST setup, or any other comparative coilover setup on the market for e36s.

I will admit though, it's quite odd hearing this argument from "one of our own".

hey, just because it's low doesnt mean it has to have fucked suspension geometry

I say this because I cannot believe how much nicer my car is to drive after fixing the suspension geometry with these:

plus, I just have to play devils advocate.

Furthermore, if you are going to sell a setup for going low at a premium price (more or less), why not go to the fullest extent you can and make everything 100% right for having the car that low all the time (street, track, etc)?

Comment

• Originally posted by rvolvor View Post
        hey, just because it's low doesnt mean it has to have fucked suspension geometry

I say this because I cannot believe how much nicer my car is to drive after fixing the suspension geometry with these:

Furthermore, if you are going to sell a setup for going low at a premium price (more or less), why not go to the fullest extent you can and make everything 100% right for having the car that low all the time (street, track, etc)?
        While our coilovers aren't the cheapest, they are priced in line with other off the shelf systems such as TCKline, HKS, etc..

Frankly, I think your arguement is silly simply because you aren't comparing apples to apples. The resolve to your arguement has already been explained, so I will leave it at that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
          While our coilovers aren't the cheapest, they are priced in line with other off the shelf systems such as TCKline, HKS, etc..

Frankly, I think your arguement is silly simply because you aren't comparing apples to apples. The resolve to your arguement has already been explained, so I will leave it at that.
          how am I not comparing apples to apples? if you are going to make a statement as such, please do explain...

after all, these coilovers are supposed to be the solution for the best all around deal (low, comfortable, still handles) and from what I am seeing, they sorta kinda make do as such. Horrible bump steer is not fun to drive around with on the street and fucked up roll centers are not good for handling.
          Last edited by rvolvor; 09-21-2010, 03:07 AM.

Comment

how am I not comparing apples to apples? if you are going to make a statement as such, please do explain...

after all, these coilovers are supposed to be the solution for the best all around deal (low, comfortable, still handles) and from what I am seeing, they sorta kinda make do as such. Horrible bump steer is not fun to drive around with on the street and fucked up roll centers are not good for handling.
            I actually don't have to explain anything to someone who is looking to make a arguement for the sake of a arguement on the Internet. You are welcome to do that on one of the other car forums.

You still got issues, feel free to contact me personally: ben at stanceworks.com .. I will be happy to give you my phone number and we can continue the conversation.

Comment

I actually don't have to explain anything to someone who is looking to make a arguement for the sake of a arguement on the Internet. You are welcome to do that on one of the other car forums.

You still got issues, feel free to contact me personally: ben at stanceworks.com .. I will be happy to give you my phone number and we can continue the conversation.
              alright, ill tell that to my 2 friends that have a fleet of 5 e36's between them and money to blow.

Comment

alright, ill tell that to my 2 friends that have a fleet of 5 e36's between them and money to blow.
                Give them my e-mail and will be happy to answer their questions as well.

Comment

No one is arguing that suspension geometry isn't perfect.... but changing control arms is on the end user's plate, not ours. We sell the best possible coilover we can. Follow?

Comment

so if these are to keep inline with AST's "track heritage" why are you guys selling stuff that just fucks up the suspension geometry? The control arm angles and tie rod angles get all fucked up when people dump their cars this low without taking precautions to avoid bad roll centers and bump steer. If these coilovers really did keep "track heritage" in mind, they would cost a couple hundo more and include ball joint and tie rod spacers to correct the geometry; but, since they don't, the "track heritage" stuff is just a line of bullshit....unless you can prove otherwise.
                    I'm not sure I follow the logic here...

I understand roll centers and the need to adjust them when the geometry is changed by lowering a car. No doubt about that, but why does the fact that they're not sold in a combo pack have any bearing on the performance capabilities of a set of coilovers?

Nothing is stopping the end user from going out and purchasing tie rod spacers or raising their steering rack. The tie rods are not part of the strut system. They work together to form the suspension. If you're setting up a track car, there are probably numerous suspension parts you'll want to add to your setup ranging from swaybars to bushings.

The perfect example is ohlins suspension. They are highly regarded in the racing industry as quality performance coilovers, and yet their coilover kits don't include tie rod spacers. Following your logic, this would mean that even Ohlins would be considered "bullshit".

The fact of the matter is that in no realm of aftermarket auto parts is every single part included. Your coilovers will handle better when you buy tie rod spacers. Your exhaust will unleash more HP when you purchase an ECU upgrade. Your new brake pads will work better with aftermarket fluids. Modifying cars for performance is about putting together parts and pieces to reach your end goal of performance. Just because a product doesn't include ALL of the pieces to that puzzle in one package doesn't mean it wasn't built with performance in mind.

Comment

• Originally posted by Paul View Post
                      What are the spring rates on the e36 kits?
                      the rates i recieved were 850/900. also the springs are 2.25" all around as opposed to their 4100 kit, which uses 60mm.
                      Originally posted by Kielan
                      I've had a lot more fun in my Dad's Prius than I care to admit.

BMW e23 build Thread

Comment

• Hey can someone look at their pm's and let me know things and stuff, Jedidiah, M.Burroughs

Comment

• Originally posted by Anonymoose View Post
                          Hey can someone look at their pm's and let me know things and stuff, Jedidiah, M.Burroughs
                          Sorry man.. We have been swamped.. E46 is a considersation for the next platform, but have not decided which platform we are gonna tackle next.

Comment

Sorry man.. We have been swamped.. E46 is a considersation for the next platform, but have not decided which platform we are gonna tackle next.

+1 for e46

Comment

• I heard these make your car look like a 4x4...where do I sign up?

Comment

• 110mph on the highway today.... i mean 55 on the highway today and these things ride like a dream even dumped completely on their face
                                cars and stuff

Comment

Working...
                                X