No announcement yet.

93 sportline LE 190e

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ive really been thinking about picking one of these up lately (aka being broke again) and this thread isnt helping

and cut springs on these cars isnt that bad if you didnt wanna spend all the money on coilovers, my buddy has an 85 190e that he cut 4 coils out of on each corner and it rides fine
    Last edited by 1988montecarloss; 05-10-2012, 12:09 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by 1988montecarloss View Post
      ive really been thinking about picking one of these up lately (aka being broke again) and this thread isnt helping

and cut springs on these cars isnt that bad if you didnt wanna spend all the money on coilovers, my buddy has an 85 190e that he cut 4 coils out of on each corner and it rides fine
      yeah thats prolly what im gonna end up keeping. the rears are uncut vogtlands and i really like the way they sit, the front needs to come down a lot though
      Balls Deep Squad.

Comment

waiting for low, also fix your front grill...

flickr

Comment

havent updated this in a while, thought i'd throw up a couple pics.
          cut 1.5 coils off the front:

needs to come down a little more. gonna switch my #3 pads for #1 and that should close up the wheel gap.
          full shot:

i have the center cap on the rear now. just had to helia coil the hole because it was stripped out.
          gonna bring the rears down another inch or two and the front down hopefully another inch before h2oi
          Balls Deep Squad.

Comment

Picture I found floating around the facespace from a g2g I attended.

Right anyways, also forgot to mention I did work on the borbets a bit a while back.

First I stripped the silver

Then I polished the lips. Then painted the centers and caps gold.

Then I lowered it. Its gonna come down a little more, in swapping my current #3 spring pads for #1 pads after waterfest.
            Balls Deep Squad.

Comment

looks awesome. i love me a good w201, great work!
              Originally posted by Jesus Christ
              the VW community is weird. dont try to understand, its like understanding africa.
              Instagram: bigslowchevy

Comment

Looks great man, once you get the pads swapped out to 8mm it should be sitting much better. Don't know how I feel about the gold though... I feel like you should go for a more subtle color.. just my two cents ha
                Follow on IG
                amgwheelwhore

Buy my wheels
                Vintage AME Wheels
                RUF Speedline Wheels

Buy my cars
                W115 & W123

Comment

Originally posted by AMGwheelwhore View Post
                  Looks great man, once you get the pads swapped out to 8mm it should be sitting much better. Don't know how I feel about the gold though... I feel like you should go for a more subtle color.. just my two cents ha
                  Yeah, a lotta people are unsure of the gold, but i'm loving it so far. I'll switch it up eventually, I just don't like the silver. Too plain for my liking. Kinda wish my car wasn't black because I rally wanna do white haha.
                  Balls Deep Squad.

Comment

run no pads =D
                    C280 Build Thread
                    C43 ///AMG Build Thread
                    E320 Wagon Build Thread

Follow me on Instagram:@SD_210

Comment

i'm rather bored.
                      just been having fun with the car.

drove it down to the eurojet/stasis HQ

got an old trunk lid from my parts car on it while i have the other one repainted/shaved

im currently trying to decide whether or not i want to run the wing again. i might also have the temp trunk shaved and repainted with no wing so i can swap the wing trunk with a wingless trunk whenever i please. also, lowering the front more next sunday, been kinda busy now that school has started back up.
                      Balls Deep Squad.

Comment

just been polishing up the lips, might change the color of the wheels before h2oi. we'll just have to see i guess.
                        Balls Deep Squad.

Comment

I like this car, as I like 190e's, but it needs to be alot lower.

Comment

Originally posted by willis View Post
                            I like this car, as I like 190e's, but it needs to be alot lower.
                            i know i know:/ thr front is getting lowered soon, and the rears will come when i have money for smaller tires.i wanna go 225/40 in the rear but the only company that makes that size is nitto.. which are expensive. it'll be lower for h2oi, promise.
                            Balls Deep Squad.

Comment

Ditching the gold is a solid call it takes away from the car. I want to see this thing on the ground for h2o bro! Cut dem sprangs!
                              Follow on IG
                              amgwheelwhore

Buy my wheels
                              Vintage AME Wheels
                              RUF Speedline Wheels

Buy my cars
                              W115 & W123

Comment

go lower! ...nao!

Instagram: dankasrz_s666

Comment

Working...