Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is one of my favourite cars here, as much as I love good old BM's and all the classic german metal this is just so 'right'!

Some may **** me for saying it but I would like it with some low tone, V8 burble...

G.

Zacne on facebook: www.facebook.com/ZACNEWheels

Zacne on instagram: @zacnewheels

Comment

• This is one of my favourite cars here, as much as I love good old BM's and all the classic german metal this is just so 'right'!

Some may **** me for saying it but I would like it with some low tone, V8 burble...

G.

Zacne on facebook: www.facebook.com/ZACNEWheels

Zacne on instagram: @zacnewheels

Comment

• Originally posted by Zacne_4 View Post
        This is one of my favourite cars here, as much as I love good old BM's and all the classic german metal this is just so 'right'!

G.
        Thanks!!

People have definitely done v8 swaps on these, and I bet they sound awesome and are fun to drive. Im going to stick with the stock motor for a while unless I can find the slightly larger bolt in 2 liter for cheap. I will be doing new exhaust very soon though.

Comment

• Originally posted by Keith602 View Post
          Thanks!!

People have definitely done v8 swaps on these, and I bet they sound awesome and are fun to drive. Im going to stick with the stock motor for a while unless I can find the slightly larger bolt in 2 liter for cheap. I will be doing new exhaust very soon though.
          Good man for staying correct on it haha, I'm keeping my M10 in the 2002 for that very reason, love when you see under the hoods of older german cars and see that the guys stuck with what was period correct on them.
          My '66 C10 Build
          My BMW 2002 Build

Comment

• You can easily exchange the B18 engine for a B2XX (b230ft?) from a 240 series.

in a 240 serie they are mounted in an angle. If you put it straight you could even use your old bellhousing. You only need the oilpan of the b18 and an oilpump of the b20. And you should fabricate (or buy) custom engine mounts.

love the car though, and sorry for my bad English

Comment

• Originally posted by Nald View Post
              You can easily exchange the B18 engine for a B2XX (b230ft?) from a 240 series.

in a 240 serie they are mounted in an angle. If you put it straight you could even use your old bellhousing. You only need the oilpan of the b18 and an oilpump of the b20. And you should fabricate (or buy) custom engine mounts.

love the car though, and sorry for my bad English
              There are a few more things to worry about other than mounting the engine as I've seen it done, but to be honest, I think im happy with keeping it as close to factory as possible engine/transmission wise. Its really just a cruiser for me. I think if I was planning on making it fit for daily commuting I might get into the swap, but im not aiming for that at the moment. I plan on owning the car for a long time, so who knows what will happen down the road. I still have a decent checklist of things I have planned for it in the near future though.

Comment

• Originally posted by Keith602 View Post
                There are a few more things to worry about other than mounting the engine as I've seen it done, but to be honest, I think im happy with keeping it as close to factory as possible engine/transmission wise. Its really just a cruiser for me. I think if I was planning on making it fit for daily commuting I might get into the swap, but im not aiming for that at the moment. I plan on owning the car for a long time, so who knows what will happen down the road. I still have a decent checklist of things I have planned for it in the near future though.
                Yes, yes, yes. Take lots of pics of it in this phase, I think it is my favorite style for this car.

Comment

• Just read the whole build and I love the car. You've brought out the best in the car through some subtle changes as well as the more obvious bits and you've done well to maintain the original style throughout. I think it's proper cool in black with the black accents too.

ps. For reliability with your older ignition have you thought of swapping your points and condenser to the pointless system?

Comment

• Originally posted by Miroteknik View Post
                    Yes, yes, yes. Take lots of pics of it in this phase, I think it is my favorite style for this car.
                    Oh dont worry about that haha! I am getting the photography bug again, so I plan on shooting a lot. I should probably find some other subjects though lol

Comment

• Originally posted by magnumleigh View Post
                      Just read the whole build and I love the car. You've brought out the best in the car through some subtle changes as well as the more obvious bits and you've done well to maintain the original style throughout. I think it's proper cool in black with the black accents too.

ps. For reliability with your older ignition have you thought of swapping your points and condenser to the pointless system?
                      Thanks for the kind words! I have definitely looked into it. There are a few kits out there. I'll likely be doing that at some point soon. Still running the stock generator at the moment, and that will be replaced with a higher amp alternator as well.

Comment

• Well now you've gone & done it...I'm on the hunt for one & may soon part ways with the E28.
                        IG:uvebeenrobd
                        --------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

• Originally posted by uvebeenrobd View Post
                          Well now you've gone & done it...I'm on the hunt for one & may soon part ways with the E28.
                          Yes!! If you do get one and it's anything like your e28, I'm going to have to step my game up!

Comment

• awesome car! Might have to see about a trip to phoenix im only about 2 hours away would love to see this in person!!
                            08 Sentra slow build

Comment

• More images from Lear Miller

A little ride height shot before moving to another spot

This is probably my favorite shot from that day
                              Last edited by Keith602; 01-28-2014, 10:47 AM.

Comment

• Looks so damn good
                                My '66 C10 Build
                                My BMW 2002 Build

Comment

Working...
                                X