No announcement yet.

Just a Truck.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Update: Finally got around to getting some time in the shop to start brainstorming ideas for the build.
    The trigger on my welder is broke so i have been holding off on fabricating and welding for a long time
    on the build but i ordered a new trigger and i am finally starting to fabricate all the goodies!

Took all week but i measured, cut and measured again and built my C-Notches for the rear from scratch.

C-Notch Build 01 by Cole Lenhart, on Flickr

C-Notch Build 02 by Cole Lenhart, on Flickr

C-Notch Buick 03 by Cole Lenhart, on Flickr

C-Notch Build 04 by Cole Lenhart, on Flickr

Once i get the trigger in will weld up the notches and start on something new! I ordered a new grille setup and also my decided on the mirrors i want so ill have them posted once they get in.
    Instagram: "Cole_Lenhart" Out of Thread Builds Shoots and Progress
    Just a Truck Build: "Here"

Comment

• notchin for bags or better static ride?
      I Drive Minitrucks.

Instagram: @cylnoma

Comment

• Originally posted by Dirt Nasty View Post
        notchin for bags or better static ride?
        I guess only time will tell

Comment

• While i wait for some things to get shipped into me, iv'e thought about redoing my wheels from last season. I kinda just threw them together last year and did a crappy job refinishing them so i'm going to restart all over and do a different color. I'm also going to get different center caps as once i find ones better than what i have.

Ill Post up pictures during the process of stripped, prepping, and painting.

Refinish Wheels 01 by Cole Lenhart, on Flickr

Refinish Wheels 02 by Cole Lenhart, on Flickr

Comment

• I have someone who can CNC you some nifty center capssssssssssssssssss

Comment

• Originally posted by jeremy5000 View Post
              I have someone who can CNC you some nifty center capssssssssssssssssss
              No way! You couldn't just txt me this mr...?!

Comment

• Originally posted by way2fastx3 View Post
                No way! You couldn't just txt me this mr...?!
                Text me tomorrow, I'm tired.

Comment

• Still stripping down the wheels when i get a chance.

Refinish Wheels 03 by Cole Lenhart, on Flickr

Refinish Wheels 04 by Cole Lenhart, on Flickr

This is probably going to be one of the last shots of the truck in wintermode.
                  Parts are starting to arrive and once the wheels are finished the truck will look hopefully better.

2012-2013 Winter Mode by Cole Lenhart, on Flickr

Comment

• looks damn good man, can't wait to see your wheels when your finished with them!

Comment

• Okay i lied. Had a local meet in the Philiadelphia Area at the FDR Park and i came across this picture.
                      Great shot but wish the truck was in summer mode. I'm starting to get boxes in the mail so time will come!

Be sure if you local or close to the philly area to check out Cary Smith. Does great work!
                      Capture the spirit and meaning of your love story with comprehensive and heartfelt wedding photography.

FDR-Stance Coalition Meet by Cole Lenhart, on Flickr

Comment

• Wheel Update:

Got the wheels starting to look better. Been working on polishing the lips and so far there coming out great.
                        The faces as of right now are just the bare metal. I think its a cool look but i'm not to sure what i'm going to do with the color of the faces yet.

Refinish Wheels 05 by Cole Lenhart, on Flickr

Refinish Wheels 06 by Cole Lenhart, on Flickr

Lips:

Refinish Wheels 07 by Cole Lenhart, on Flickr

Unboxed some of the goodies i got in the mail between yesterday and today!

Shaved n' Chrome grille insert.

Grille Insert 01 by Cole Lenhart, on Flickr

Since i like to be different with my truck, i went ahead and got the APR Formula GT3 Mirrors. I'm going to have to make custom mounting plates but thats just another task to do.

APR Carbon Goodies by Cole Lenhart, on Flickr

Comment

• looks damn good man, excited to see more!

Comment

• looks good man.
                            color match the rims, I think thatd be nice.

I like the mirror choice. I wanted to run F1 mirrors but I thought it would be tacky with the muscle theme I have

also, watch your temp with that grille insert.
                            I have one on my noma and I had to remove the grille if I was in city traffic, then again I have a v8 but still it didn't flow air well.
                            Last edited by Dirt Nasty; 03-16-2013, 03:08 PM.
                            I Drive Minitrucks.

Instagram: @cylnoma

Comment

• Originally posted by Dirt Nasty View Post
                              looks good man.
                              color match the rims, I think thatd be nice.

I like the mirror choice. I wanted to run F1 mirrors but I thought it would be tacky with the muscle theme I have

also, watch your temp with that grille insert.
                              I have one on my noma and I had to remove the grille if I was in city traffic, then again I have a v8 but still it didn't flow air well.
                              Yeah i'm not sure what i'm doing with the color of the wheels but ill decide last minute probaly.
                              The mirror choice was picked just cause i wanna do something different than everyone else does with a s-10 build. Being different/outcast is my kind of thing for some reason with this truck.

Iv'e heard issues with the grille inserts/shells causing overheating but with my 2.2 i will be fine, plus with the way i have my engine bay setup now air flow through the bay wont be an issue. I did some wire tucking for some of the electrical this winter to clean the bay up a little.

Comment

• Being going freaking HAM on the lips of these wheels since i started redoing them.

For being 30+ years old and pulling them out of a damn junkyard i can't complain how they came out. Maybe a little more polishing and ill be happy.

Refinish Wheels 08 by Cole Lenhart, on Flickr

Refinish Wheels 09 by Cole Lenhart, on Flickr

Refinish Wheels 10 by Cole Lenhart, on Flickr

Comment

Working...
                                X