Matt's Bagged G3 MY12

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matt's Bagged G3 MY12

Matt and I started talking just over a year ago after I posted some photos of my GC8 online. After a few months Matt moved from a country town in NSW to Adelaide, South Australia with his partner. He was interested in bagging his G3 and as I had already bagged my Subaru, we quickly started discussing suspension and wheel setups. Having similar interests and taste in vehicles, it didn't take long for the two of us to become good friends.

The G3 is currently rolling on AirLift Performance struts and the AirLift V2 air management system. With no added camber in the rear and the front, being able to fit 10's under the guards with little work makes you realise just how wide these Subaru's are compared to earlier models.

Matt previously rolled around on some dark violet T2R Rota's and is in the process of splitting a set of three piece ROH wheels to build to spec. We test fitted the RS' wheels I have previously had on my Subaru to get a gauge for how wide the set of ROH's could be built and how they would sit. As they are 16" wheels we were skeptical in regards to how they would fill the guards when 18" wheels are seen as the accepted minimum on the big bodied Subaru's. Once the wheels were bolted on and the car on the floor my mind was blown.

Since my return from America I had been itching to take some rolling shots on a new main road that had been completed in Adelaide. We quickly took her for a spin around the block with the new wheels on and then headed out onto the new South Road Superway.

If you look closely in the next picture, you can see how wide Matt's grin is. When we went for our drive around the block he couldn't wipe the smile off of his face. Even when his cars underbody finally made contact with the floor.

I can't wait to see what Matt does next. It's great knowing that there are people here in Adelaide that are pushing the boundaries, especially with the illegalities of what we do. The South Australian police force doesn't take kindly to lowered vehicles.
    IG: @sebastienaudeon
    1974 Porsche 911S

Originally posted by TRaNz
    *pats Sebs head*
    there there.
    keep calm, go mash your face on a car window.

That is beautiful!

progress IS a slow process

Comment

I don't know who this Matt character is, but I like what you and him put together. Spot on mate.
      stanceworks: I don't really fit in.

Comment

16's seem a bit too small for this body. 17's would be perfect on here.
        Flickr

Comment

Yeah, super keen to see what Matt turns them into once we've split them and what not.

This was literally to just get a feeler of how the wheels sit with the current 16x10+25 specs.
          1974 Porsche 911S

*pats Sebs head*
          there there.

Comment

The wheels do look a bit too small on this car but still looks good.

Comment

This is perfect.
              sigpic
              IG: @sexxyton

Comment

Originally posted by Evil Panda View Post
                The wheels do look a bit too small on this car but still looks good.
                Agreed. Trying to convince Matt to only up lip to 17's. I'm scared going from 16 to 18 with big slants isn't going to suit the car. A one inch slant yeah, but two inch slant is a whole other ball game.
                1974 Porsche 911S

*pats Sebs head*
                there there.

Comment

Yeah 16's to 18's look a bit off to me. I vote for 17's.

Here is some 16-18's:

Comment

Thanks for that.

Looking at that picture, I reckon we could pull of 16-18 slants on the Subaru.
                    Just need to finalise offsets and we're good. All this offset calculating made Matt suggest that I need to build something that makes this shit easier.

Keen to see where this goes though.
                    1974 Porsche 911S

*pats Sebs head*
                    there there.

Comment

in the next 2-4 months we'll be rebuilding some 18" ROH modenas for dailys, and hopfully the BBS RS's (pictured) turned into some epic show rims, add a few cosmetic changes replacing the boot lid and a new front lip from a local company, than it should look ok for a daily ride
                      sigpic daily driven sti IG: skytup

Comment

Working...
                      X