Car got keyed. Damn it.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by laBeef View Post
    I had my car keyed once by an Ex gf. Horrible feeling.
    1800 choke dat hoe

Comment

^^^ Tyler perry

W I L D M A N 'S R O D S H O P

R.I.P P.WALKER 2013/11/30

Comment

you pissed somebody off
        cars and stuff

Comment

Sorry for your car.. But actually it's not that big deal. It can be fixed about %90 without any paintwork..
          I can post some examples of scratch fixes if you need.

Comment

Hope you have insurance that will cover that.

You are lucky you don't live in California. Within the first year of my car being new it had 3 or four dents in the door and quite a few scratches. I also park in a garage at home, so it's just stupid ass random people backing into my car, smashing doors into it, and leaving trash on it...

I really **** people for that, and I wish I could find the people who hit my car and scratched it so I can pull their finger and toenails out slowly with a set of pliers.

Good luck getting it painted though. Maybe get a car cover or something.

𝔣𝔬𝔩𝔩𝔬𝔴 𝔪𝔢
            @𝔳𝔦𝔳𝔢_𝔪𝔢𝔪𝔬𝔯_𝔩𝔢𝔱𝔦

Comment

I know how you feel man, my car got keyed the other year, but insurance took care of a complete paint job without raising my rates. Hope you get the same. Btw, sick wheels man..

Comment

Originally posted by lostpassenger View Post
                Sorry for your car.. But actually it's not that big deal. It can be fixed about %90 without any paintwork..
                I can post some examples of scratch fixes if you need.
                I've been detailing and correcting paint professionally for about 5 years now. I can catch 100% of the scratches with my fingernail, but maybe 25% of it will buff out. The car deserves better anyway, so I won't even try to buff it out.

I do have badass insurance via State Farm. Even my wheels are insured.

Originally posted by skrapez
                you pissed somebody off
                Naw, it was totally random..
                4 Cars, 0 Cupholders

Comment

Update: Zero Deductible

Having badass car insurance is the bomb
                  4 Cars, 0 Cupholders

Comment

im really sorry to see this happen man ive gone through the same thing but it was bad bad.i left my car over night at some party i even parked my car far away so nothing would happ bc i knew alot of kids **** on me for skating and whatnot but anyways my car didnt get keyed but got dog into with a knife like really badly and all my tires slashed.really sucks feeling but im over it now and theres nothing i can do about it jus know next time not to drive anywhere haha i never drive to partys i always have a friend drive me.hope all is well for you car and you get it fixed

flickr
                    TUMBLR
                    instagram @btober

Comment

Originally posted by btober View Post
                      im really sorry to see this happen man ive gone through the same thing but it was bad bad.i left my car over night at some party i even parked my car far away so nothing would happ bc i knew alot of kids **** on me for skating and whatnot but anyways my car didnt get keyed but got dog into with a knife like really badly and all my tires slashed.really sucks feeling but im over it now and theres nothing i can do about it jus know next time not to drive anywhere haha i never drive to partys i always have a friend drive me.hope all is well for you car and you get it fixed
                      Thanks man, holy shit that sucks, slashing tires and making a car immobile is just a ridiculous thing to do.

Yeah, I was actually pleasantly surprised with the lack of vandalism on the car right after I looked it over. The only badly keyed car I've seen was my friend's orient blue e46. His ex-gf got every panel except the front bumper and side skirts, plus everything was creased and she even bent her e36 key beyond use when she did it. With that story and worse stories like yours being my standard of comparison, I'll consider this a lesson learned and consider myself SUPER lucky
                      4 Cars, 0 Cupholders

Comment

Originally posted by hi its me alec View Post
                        Thanks man, holy shit that sucks, slashing tires and making a car immobile is just a ridiculous thing to do.

Yeah, I was actually pleasantly surprised with the lack of vandalism on the car right after I looked it over. The only badly keyed car I've seen was my friend's orient blue e46. His ex-gf got every panel except the front bumper and side skirts, plus everything was creased and she even bent her e36 key beyond use when she did it. With that story and worse stories like yours being my standard of comparison, I'll consider this a lesson learned and consider myself SUPER lucky
                        haha thats insane that she couldnt use her key thats her karma,but yeah moral of it all is ****** GANNA **** ish sucks but what can ya do

flickr
                        TUMBLR
                        instagram @btober

Comment

Well, I'm getting 1300 from insurance with zero deductible. It will go directly to the repaint of the whole side, front bumper, mirrors, and parts and labor for a custom front splitter. Plus tomorrow I'm bringing it in to have the wheel bearing done (I've had the parts sitting around forever) and will also take care of the airbag light reset with said insurance money. Had to make the best of the bitch ass vandalism.

After the insurance adjuster looked it over, I buffed everything out as best I could and touched up the rest. Car goes to the shop in 8 or 9 days. I'm glad she's looking better for the weekend.

edit: Plus, this entire time, I'm going to keep practicing on touch-up + sanding + buff and hopefully make it look really good in the meantime.

Last edited by hi its me alec; 11-08-2012, 10:17 PM.
                          4 Cars, 0 Cupholders

Comment

How do people even think of doing these things? I don't understand how they can live with themselves. Glad you're getting it fixed though. Was it a deep scratch or just scratched paint?

Originally posted by TRaNz
                            yeee, coz RainbowDash is the bestest. its fun combing its hair and tail isnt it? =P
                            They had an Accord Euro meet.....had to show face and you know.....win some respect....and gain exp points to unlock a new sector along with tier 3 vinyl and decals. =D

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Von Smack View Post
                              How do people even think of doing these things? I don't understand how they can live with themselves. Glad you're getting it fixed though. Was it a deep scratch or just scratched paint?
                              It was deep, all the way to the metal in 2 places. The rest were 'non-buffable' as I just wailed on them with the buffer until the spots were filled in with clear coat. The 'scratches' still exist in the paint, but the light doesn't catch them and you can't see them with your fingernails. Since buffing you can pretty much just see the scratches in bright and direct light, everything else they're invisible until you get right up close.
                              4 Cars, 0 Cupholders

Comment

Oh, I see. So are you going to get it fixed properly? You could even put some filler on it, sand it down and repaint over it.

yeee, coz RainbowDash is the bestest. its fun combing its hair and tail isnt it? =P
                                They had an Accord Euro meet.....had to show face and you know.....win some respect....and gain exp points to unlock a new sector along with tier 3 vinyl and decals. =D

Comment

Working...
                                X