Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 82' BMW e28 from Odessa

Hello All!

I decided to delete my car from the Intro section an tell a small story 'bout my lovely daily-driven scrap))

Were always in love with an old-school cars, with that pretty and agressive angular forms, with the cars that got soul...She burst into my life quite suddenly.
    During the days when I were driving the Yaris and was looking for some Japanese RWD scrap aiming to break pillars and curbs pulling the puffs, but... I saw her and understood that she'll be clean and really low in my hands

When I bought it, it was a typical bad-boy beemer:

Totally black, with tint around, dirty engine bay and black stops

First step I did - buy an authentic Alpina steering wheel and pair of Wiechers bracing bars

Sucessfully install it and, finally, a lot of annoying creeps gone...

During the rainy weather, windows become a bit misted inside, so i decide to disassemble all to hell and find the problem...

There was some holes all around, what is quite normal for 1982s car))

So, I take out all factory silencer staff, weld all around

Put few coats of acid primer, then coat of adhesive primer and black varnish for a years

Then put an vibro-isolation and silencer coat all around

Meanwhile, some new factory rubber arrived

To be continued...
    Last edited by Некто; 05-27-2014, 09:09 AM.

Wanna build thread?http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=60160

Looks good...
    ┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
    Trolling isn't a hobby, it's a way of Life.
    "Project Bmw E28"

Comment

Nice work!

What engine does it have? Looks to be a b35 m30 (or the manifold/intake at least).

Comment

Nice start !

Subscribed

@ plus

Chris

Comment

Originally posted by Asee View Post
          Looks good...
          Thanks)

Comment

Originally posted by epearce View Post
            Nice work!

What engine does it have? Looks to be a b35 m30 (or the manifold/intake at least).
            Thanks! She got m30b30 after full rebuild, porting of channels, b35 intake, b35 jets, hi-performance shafts. Control unit threaded with AC Schitzer program

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisOne View Post
              Nice start !

Subscribed

@ plus

Chris
              Thanks a lot) It was just a beginning) Аs far as possible I'll lay out the building process)

Comment

Nice e28, especially on the schnitzers.

Comment

So, where did I stop?

After collecting my construction set back to normal condition, driving for a week and smoking the tires full 2nd gear, I decide to move ahead and rebuild reduction unit with LSD.

With new main pair from e34 535, reduction rate become 3.73 and, finally, road grip become perfect))

Meanwhile, we replaced power splitter for a pair of Electric cooling fans

made a maintenance of Fuel tank, clean it up and changed all fuel hoses

Some time later, "gipsy taillights" were replaced with original in highly good condition

Forasmuch, I'm not really big fan of chrome parts, tailights were painted like and Factory option "Shadowline" and the blinkers covered with transparent red tint, due to annoying cracks inside

Stance season was at the full height, so we started to build custom Air suspension and found fairly good tires 215/35R18 Falken Zeix for my 8.5J Schnitzers

Due to the budget, we choose 2-counter ASCO valve set, 5 gallon no-name tank, ViAir compressor, used AirLift autopilot V1 brain, Billstein B6 shock absorbers that I had before and Sleeve-type bags.

It was working like a shit and backside was still flying in the space on the full drop, so we welded suport fastening almost 10cm down

Only after that we received more-less capable drop

All system was half-baked, got a lot of problems due to bad quality of air hoses, Autopilot was working like crap, but we didn't care, coz next day we were moving to the capitol for "Low independence" - the biggest stance-festival in our country.

So, early morning we adjusted wheel camber, start polishing the car and I changed upper beam lights for just arrived Hella-black with crosses.

Were tired like a hell, but we didn't know that another surprise waiting for us right before departure

To be continued...

Comment

Originally posted by Chasen88 View Post
                    Nice e28, especially on the schnitzers.
                    Schnitzers already sold last year, 18s was too big.Now I planning to make some experiments with the wheels / fitment and tell about it a bit later)))

Comment

Low independence '13

So, early in the morning we packed some luggage and were ready to trip, but right before leaving the town front bag was damaged... anyhow, we ride to the garage, found the hole in the front sleeve and oil spraying everywhere((

Our custom camber plates was bended also(((

During 2 hours we take out our sleeves, blow off the system from the oil and install the pair of AirLift shocks, mount it and hurriedly moved to the Fest.

She was not the best of event, but I was really satisfied with the result

To be continued...

Comment

that's badass

--Golden Boy E30 Build--

--My Shop: Where Passion Meets Livelihood (or tries to)--

--Etsy Shop--

--@ayyyitsmikey--

Comment

dope-tas-tic.

Comment

Perfect!

Comment

Originally posted by CubbyChowder View Post
                              that's badass
                              With new setup she'll be much more agressive. Just waiting for new rims)

Originally posted by D Unit View Post
                              dope-tas-tic.
                              Thanks, man!

Originally posted by epearce View Post
                              Perfect!
                              Not yet) But I'll do everything for it))

Comment

Working...
                              X