Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oz futura wheels lugs coming loose! Need help!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oz futura wheels lugs coming loose! Need help!!

Hey guys so I purchased a set of oz futura from a seller here of stanceworks who I won't name but they have just been a nightmare, one wheel had a bent barrel, wheels had different hub sizes from each other, and the offsets were completely different than what he had told me. The issues I'm having with them is the following;I got the weld fix which is on the left front wheel, and I purchased hub centric rings to fix the issues with the hubs, when installing the wheels I put 15mm spacers with extended lugs in the rear. So I drove the car it has a vibration feels like it coming from the bent barrel yet the Lugs kept coming loose of the rear wheels. I have checked and the extended lugs are concial. Any idea of what could be the issue? Thanks

are the wheels you bought using oem used parts or new halves? sounds like it may be more than a bent barrel, might be the face itself

also, if you bought the correct spacers, you wouldnt need hub centric rings.... which could in itself be your issue. If your spacers arent hub centric, toss them in the trash as they are scrap
    sigpic
    1990 Nissan fairlady Z32 - long term build
    1982 euro porsche 930 turbo

"A less- assuming enthusiast probably wouldnt even think that this Z ran because of how naked the engine compartment was. The motor looks as if it just floats there, with nothing else in sight." Super Street 9/2012

http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=19185

Comment

Originally posted by 1badg35 View Post
      are the wheels you bought using oem used parts or new halves? sounds like it may be more than a bent barrel, might be the face itself

also, if you bought the correct spacers, you wouldnt need hub centric rings.... which could in itself be your issue. If your spacers arent hub centric, toss them in the trash as they are scrap
      i want to say the wheels used oem parts, im not entire sure if they used oem parts or exactly how to check .The spacers are hubcentric for bmw 72.56, how would i be able to tell if the faces are the issues ? thanks

Comment

Go and get the wheel balanced again, and watch the face of the wheel when they spin it on the balancer. if the face itself looks like has a wobble when spinning, its the face. if the lip or barrel are wobbling, they just need to be straightened. if its the face, its going to be a more significant issue to remedy

Thats the most straightforward way without disassembling the wheel to tell where the issue is coming from
        sigpic

"A less- assuming enthusiast probably wouldnt even think that this Z ran because of how naked the engine compartment was. The motor looks as if it just floats there, with nothing else in sight." Super Street 9/2012

Comment

Is the seller working with you to resolve the issue?

OZ, MSW, ABT, Carlsson, etc 10 point bolt tools info

Comment

Originally posted by zoo View Post
            Is the seller working with you to resolve the issue?
            Nope, i have emailed him and got nothing, and it past the point of refunding through paypal, so all i do is try to fix it myself as much as it suck.

Go and get the wheel balanced again, and watch the face of the wheel when they spin it on the balancer. if the face itself looks like has a wobble when spinning, its the face. if the lip or barrel are wobbling, they just need to be straightened. if its the face, its going to be a more significant issue to remedy

Thats the most straightforward way without disassembling the wheel to tell where the issue is coming from

As far as the wheel balancing im going to give it a shot again and see what happens.If the face is bent worst case scenario, how would i go about fixing them? thanks

Comment

Originally posted by e90lcinyc View Post
              Nope, i have emailed him and got nothing, and it past the point of refunding through paypal, so all i do is try to fix it myself as much as it suck.

As far as the wheel balancing im going to give it a shot again and see what happens.If the face is bent worst case scenario, how would i go about fixing them? thanks
              If the face is bent, there are competent shops that may be able to repair it. Buying a face is another option.
              Is the seller active on StanceWorks?

Comment

Originally posted by zoo View Post
                If the face is bent, there are competent shops that may be able to repair it. Buying a face is another option.
                Is the seller active on StanceWorks?
                Alright thanks, i still haven't had a chance to bring them to be balanced, will probably take car of it this week.As for the seller as far i as know i think he still active on this forum, i just rather deal with him. But as to warning his username is krauze55 on this forum, just be sure of what your purchasing.

I have one other question do you think it possible that the wheel lugs came loose due to vibration, the reason being i had drove for about 350 miles and the vibration on the highway was insane as you could feel it coming through the whole car at speed.Yet we attributed this based on a bent barrel in the front. Do you think it possible that this vibration loosed the wheel lugs after a long trip? thanks
                Last edited by e90lcinyc; 09-10-2015, 02:49 PM.

Comment

Are both your front and rear lugs conical? Or is it just your rear extended lugs that are conical?
                  Originally posted by cobrawannabe
                  More lotion.

My build thread

Instagram: Franswishaaa

Comment

Originally posted by siopaolover View Post
                    Are both your front and rear lugs conical? Or is it just your rear extended lugs that are conical?
                    I was using the oem lugs for the front since I didn't run them with the spacers which I believe are flat, the rear I used concial extended lugs as I used spacers for the rear.

Comment

vibration while driving is most likely because of loose lugs that werent torqued properly to begin with..

which means fault is leaning just as much toward user error as it could be defective parts..

with all of this said, have the wheel checked and possible solutions can be discussed thereafter
                      sigpic

Comment

vibration while driving is most likely because of loose lugs that werent torqued properly to begin with..

which means fault is leaning just as much toward user error as it could be defective parts..

with all of this said, have the wheel checked and possible solutions can be discussed thereafter
                        Quick update, just came back had wheels rebalanced, and had the one wheel with the bent barrel, rebarreled. my friend at the shop said the wheels were fine, yet on the way home same wobble particuliarly at speeds over 60 miles an hour. The wobbling is felt in all aspects accelerating, cruising and during breaking. Any ideas of what could be issue?

Comment

The only thing i can think of is a warped brake disk or the rear wheels
                          are 5x120.65 rather than 5x120...

If the centers are 5x120.65, and you use aftermarket lugs with fixed cones
                          that could cause the lugs coming loose...

Comment

Get a second opinion, from someone who has experience in building wheels(not just a tire shop).
                            120.65 vs 120 is rarely a cause for vibration.

Comment

Working...
                            X