• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just so you know. I love your car.
    Christof Goulart
    FCGoulartDesign.

Comment

• Thanks man!

'87 Porsche 944 S | Ex-E36 Touring (2009 - 2016) | Daily: '02 Chrysler Sebring

www.bastienbochmann.de | Tief & Breit

Comment

• So. Much. Perfection.

Comment

• My wheels arrived today.

All 4 are pretty scuffed, but way better than I expected. This'll be fixable with some sanding... and since they'll be polished anyways...

I don't think I've said in this thread what the new wheels are yet...

Rial Kreuzsspeichen / Rial Mesh
          8.5x17 ET13 / 9.5x17 ET20

I'll post some pics tomorrow of the wheels.

Comment

• '87 Porsche 944 S | Ex-E36 Touring (2009 - 2016) | Daily: '02 Chrysler Sebring

Comment

• I'll just copy & paste some parts from my thread over at BFc:

Ok peeps,

It's finally the time that I will start a rebuild of my Touring. Keep in mind, this will not be an extreme build, but it will be enough to keep me busy for some time.

What I'm working with:

1997 BMW 323iA Touring
              230.000kms currently
              Automatic
              Cosmosschwarz

I've also located a usable workshop, a former barn owned by a relative. The previous tenant is still in there and I'm only waiting on him to leave so I can take the Touring and move in there - should happen sometime in the next few weeks, february at the latest.

My wheels have been sold by now, the new owner drives a cosmos Touring as well.

So... now for the interesting part.

The Plans

I'll try to list it here in more or less the order I want to tackle things

Complete suspension rework
              The previous set of AP coils will be removed and the car will either receive a custom set of H&R coils - shortened about a few cms with stiff springs and appropriately valved shocks, basically along the same line as the Stanceworks/AST Zero Clearance Coilovers... but with the added benefit of actually being able to have them TÜV approved which is impossible with the ZCCs because of missing papers and stuff - or on some kind of air ride suspension. I'm strongly leaning towards the H&R coils though. Apart from the suspension itself, I will be replacing all bearings, bushings and what not of course.

Wheels
              The new wheels will be a set of Rial Mesh wheels in 8.5x17 ET13 and 9.5x17 ET20. The wheels are already bought and are currently sitting in my garage. Tires will most likely be 205/40 and 215/40. The wheels will either be fully polished with the pockets offset in black OR only the dish will be polished and the centers painted in a dark silver or some kind of metallic gray / gunmetal.

Bodywork
              I will have to rework the fenders for more clearance for the new wheels and the lowness I'm aiming for. Also, the car needs some areas adressed because of rust. The front doors and rear hatch are rusty and need to be replaced. In case of the rear hatch I may be able to remove the rust instead of replacing the hatch, but the front doors are rusted through. Rear doors are rust free but have quite some dings in them. The front passenger side fender also needs to be replaced because of some shoddily welded damage repair done by the previous owner (covered by the M skirts). This will all be done by myself, but I will also need to drop the car off at a body shop to have the rear quarter panel fixed from where I slid into the sign pole. After all the bodywork is done, the car will receive a respray in Cosmosblack.

Interior
              I want to replace the front seats with sports seats but also add the lumbar support from my normal seats to the sports seats. A black headliner and pillars will also be done. Apart from that, my main concern is the stereo, I will keep my head unit but apart from that I'll basically redo the whole system. Mainly, I'll be redoing the trunk area and hiding the amp (or amps as the case may be when I'm finished) underneath the floar and building a nice enclosure to fit the subwoofer in so it integrates well into the trunk area. I'm not sure yet about the front speakers - most likely I'll just replace them with a good 13cm compo system, but maybe I'll install some doorboards.

Power
              I do want more power, but to keep the build manageable and actually able to finish it, I will limit myself to a M50 intake and software. That should be good to bring me up to 328i power figures. I'll also be building an exhaust using Magnaflow parts.

This is what I'm evisioning somewhat.

I think that should be it for now.

Sorry, no progress on the build yet as like I stated, I'm still waiting on the workshop to be free so I can move in there.

I'm open for suggestions and ideas on the rebuild though.

No updates as of yet, still looking for a workshop... I did some thinking and I might resort to using my parent's garage. It's a bit too narrow for work, so I'd have to roll the Touring out whenever I do something, but at least I could store it in there. The problem is that my parents use it as a storage area for their bookstore... I still live at my parent's and occupy a bit more room than needed so I might be able to convince them to do a trade off... I get the garage and they get one of my rooms as a storage area. I'd actually prefer this solution since it'd allow me to do the rebuild without having to pay rent for a workshop and without having to drive to said shop.

Comment

• you ass. I want those wheels too. Very nice tour you got there.

Edit: do you know the color code to your alpinas?? I need to know 'cause I'm refurbishing my own atm.
                - '89 E30 M-Tech 2
                - '10 TT RS
                - '13 A3 SB

Comment

• Originally posted by famguy View Post
                  you ass. I want those wheels too. Very nice tour you got there.

Edit: do you know the color code to your alpinas?? I need to know 'cause I'm refurbishing my own atm.
                  they are style32.
                  -Instagram@jdjurhuus
                  Stretchsaurus and Pokemon.

Comment

• And they were RAL 9022 - Light Pearl Grey.

Comment

• aha. I thought they were some type of alpinas. Anyway, the color looks similar to the alpina color.
                      Thanks
                      - '89 E30 M-Tech 2
                      - '10 TT RS
                      - '13 A3 SB

Comment

• Rebuild won't be happening due to financial reasons.

Car will be taken off the road due to me having my licence suspended.

I had an accident on the Autobahn with my company car. Don't really remember how it happened, but I hit a woman in a Toyota Aygo and she hit the barrier and flipped over. She was badly hurt. My licence was suspended for now - they will keep it until the court date at least.

Now I'm facing the costs for a lawyer and the court date and maybe even a big fine depending on what the judge rules.

Also, I was fired from work.

So, nothing will be happening here. Worst case, I'll have to sell the Touring.
                        Last edited by Dr.AK; 01-25-2011, 11:52 AM.

Comment

• Thats sounds totally Shit

but thats not the fine German way.

Why are you getting fired it was an Accident wasnīt it ??
                          Last edited by MadMax; 01-25-2011, 12:00 PM.

Comment

• Damn dude.

Hope things turn around soon.
                            sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by MadMax View Post
                              Thats sounds totally Shit

but thats not the fine German way.

Why are you getting fired it was an Accident wasnīt it ??

Because of the suspended licence and my job being field service at the customers place so I NEED to be able to drive.

Comment

• So this is what you could call "Teufelskreis" in German you lost your licence because of a accident you had while working and because you lost your licence you could lose your Job

Isnīt there any Chance of getting the Licence back because you need it for working ??

Comment

Working...
                                X