The Loss of a Friend.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

R.I.P Rusty
    A True Testament to Bmw's Timeless Design, and engineering.
    So.. you got me curious, did the whole thing just separate over a speedbump? Where did it seperate?
    sigpic

Comment

Really **** that I never got to see Rusty in person.
      It was definitely an incredible car and will be missed.

Comment

RIP. this car started a new era.. just like it rose out of the first situation, it may be about to do the same again. think outside the box a little and something might come Mike. you are extremely creative, and the reason why this car set so many trends. keep your head up
        sigpic
        1990 Nissan fairlady Z32 - long term build
        1982 euro porsche 930 turbo

"A less- assuming enthusiast probably wouldnt even think that this Z ran because of how naked the engine compartment was. The motor looks as if it just floats there, with nothing else in sight." Super Street 9/2012

http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=19185

Comment

Rusty is the car that really opened my eyes from just the JDM scene to more of the stance and style of cars. Nobody will ever forget that car though....

Representing Rhode Island

Comment

Its wierd how an inanimate object, somehow becomes animate.

Some things just can't be explained to someone who will not ever understand.

Comment

An ICON to us all that love stanced cars...Sad day it is =(

Comment

RIP rusty. An icon and inspiration to many. Will be missed.

Comment

I have never meet u nor seen u car. But I do have to say ur car has been an inspiration even though I have a honda.. it is and was the sickest e28 I have yet to see no matter what's its condition was or how many people talking shit about the rusty car..I bow down to u!

Comment

WOW. talk about a well put together presentation! The car will certainly be missed bro

flickr

Comment

Damn this is a crazy sad day. Mike, both you and Austin got me into E28s. I'm so glad I got to see Jules in person. When I was driving behind you I couldn't help but smile at how insane the view was. This car has influenced so many people from around the world, it will be deeply missed by all. Keep doing what your doing, using your amazing photography skills and creativity to create memories that will never be forgotten.

RIP..the General of E28s.

Comment

u still gonna burn it? lol
                        Flickr
                        need your fenders rolled or your car shot? pm me for info! =]

Comment

Rusty single handedly unified the local car scene in San Diego when Mike visited and brought credibility to the stanced movement. Its one thing to see an immaculate car stanced and looking good, but when a "rusted piece of shit" can drive across the country while pulling it off, surely anybody can.

Mike, this sucks and I know how you feel about the situation. I will never forget the look on the security peoples faces at my apartment complex when I told them that nobody was to go near your car.

They were like Wai.....Wha......Realll.....

Yea fucking really.

Comment

Originally posted by E30LIFE View Post
                            Its wierd how an inanimate object, somehow becomes animate.

Some things just can't be explained to someone who will not ever understand.
                            I know! Im actualy emmotional about it? Its strange
                            sigpic

Comment

Your car had one hell of a run...

Its untimely death only make is it more legendary.

Comment

Mike and I have talked in depth about the condition of Rusty... in the end, there was just too many obstacles to overcome, to bring her back to life. I kid you not, this car was the most fun car I have ever driven. I've had a E46 M3, I've driven Z06's, Vipers, M5's, etc... none of them compared to driving Rusty, with her racing cam and cut off exhaust. Car sounded like something you would hear at a F1 track. I know you probably think I'm being outlandish, but I'm being dead serious.. never have laughed or been so happy driving a car. The motor is really strong, and Nic and Steph are gonna love it. I guess Rusty will live on in that regard.

It truly is a sad day for StanceWorks. Like someone else mentioned.. this car was more then just a hunk of metal.. it embodied everything that is StanceWorks. I'm trying to convince Mike to keep it so we can immortalize it in a shop or something, but more then likely she will get a proper burial in a junk yard.

RIP Rusty.

Comment

Working...
                                X