kinda of a dumb question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kinda of a dumb question

kind of a dumb question but does anyone know if e60 coilovers fit on a e39? they look identical.
    E36 Bonnie

They would bolt up to the top mounts but there are things like the length of the coil overs and the diameter on the front shocks to take into account.

Look here:|

you see there are different part numbers for the two, which doesn't indicate anything to us other than that they are different in some way.
    It may be something simple that wouldn't make them incompatible (like spring rate, e60's are heavier) or it could be something else that would.

You'd have to find a complete list of dimensions and specs between e39 shock bodies and e60s and compare everything but its hard to dig that stuff up.

Best bet would be to just ask a supplier/ manufacturer of coils for these cars what makes them different. The broadway static guys on here would probably be a lot more helpful than me.

Comment

hey thanks man. I've tried looking up dimensions for both but can't find anything. I'll get in contact with someone and ask.
      E36 Bonnie

Comment

Working...
      X