No announcement yet.

1972 bay window bus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yeah, ill have an extra, it seems high quality but we 'll see in due time i guess.
    Originally posted by Jesus Christ
    the VW community is weird. dont try to understand, its like understanding africa.
    Instagram: bigslowchevy

Comment

• Well its been forever since ive posted anything here, nothing really changed, working on the suspension, and i got the radio in, im down to the torsion leaves, so lowering is 1/2 way done, it took way longer than me and my room mate ever expected, but we will hopefully get 1 side done and then work on the other side some tomorrow, the only reason it really has taken so long is because it is more of a 2 person job and its only every now and then when i can get someone to help me, so i really havent done much but tomorrow ill hopefully be doing alot.
      the VW community is weird. dont try to understand, its like understanding africa.

Comment

• Yes, do not use the clear distributor cap, and go get a stock Bosch one. A properly running engine is better then a stupid misfiring engine with a clear cap.
        -Drake-

Check out: www.midwestce.net

Comment

• The clear one is on, um keeping the stock one in the bus just incase it cracked or runs like crap.

Comment

• Originally posted by Madhatter View Post
            well got some stuff,
            Brake cylinders for the back,

clear distributor cap.

flexible brake lines for all 4 wheels

shifter, Better than my old wobbly one i have now were i can't find 2nd hardly lol.

all my stuff together
            word of advise, stay far away from clear or colored distributor caps, they are garbage..also i know how you feel about not being able to find second gear with that shifter, i had the same one in my old bug and could never find second, but the shifter is so much better than stock, couple that shifter with a quick shift kit and it makes driving a bus much better especially if you drive anywhere that has hills haha
            Originally Posted by Jesus Christ
            busters gonna raceland no matter what overwhelming information you show them.

Comment

• Nice work so far, I think you've done well, but you should have put metal behind the filler. Ive pulled torsions and have adjusters on my current project, the torsions is a great if your doing it for a show, horrible for daily driving. I pulled out all the small torsions and reindexed the lower set and bottomed the balljoints out, it will get you low (inch and a half or less off the ground ), but its hard to live with. Also doing the rear you need to be very careful. I also see your from jacksonville fl, are you going to the aircooled meet in sanford?
              The hillbilly equivalent of a nasa substation worker.
              Originally posted by Dubway5887
              I felt bad for that dude. Of all places for a sink to be at a car show... Maybe sink holes like car shows like tornado's like trailer parks?

Comment

• Sanford? where is that haha? and i may, im going to the One in warner robbins georgia. and this is what i did today, since you seem to know what you are talking about will this give me a good drop? i took out the bottom 2 on the top and bottom,

Comment

• Originally posted by WideFive View Post
                  word of advise, stay far away from clear or colored distributor caps, they are garbage..also i know how you feel about not being able to find second gear with that shifter, i had the same one in my old bug and could never find second, but the shifter is so much better than stock, couple that shifter with a quick shift kit and it makes driving a bus much better especially if you drive anywhere that has hills haha
                  Thankya man! i put the clear on, but i keep the stock one in my bus now, after lowering im striiping the interior(even more) and making that all nice and replacing window seals.

Comment

• So im doing something a lil risky.... im turboing the motor after a fresh rebuild! there was a price on a turbo i couldnt resist and i am buying it tomorrow, The turbo is off a saab and is in great condition, Im also going to buy a cam, some slip in stroker pistons, and an engine rebuild kit, and later carb kit and exhaust and maybe lighter flywheel.

Comment

• About 2 hours south of Jacksonville, on the out skirts of Orlando. Your looking at about a 2 and a half to 3 inch drop, give our take for weight, oh you may want to get shorter shocks as your stock ones will bottom out. Its looking good, cant wait to see those wheels on it.
                      The hillbilly equivalent of a nasa substation worker.
                      Originally posted by Dubway5887
                      I felt bad for that dude. Of all places for a sink to be at a car show... Maybe sink holes like car shows like tornado's like trailer parks?

Comment

• SO only 2-3 inches? is there any way to get lower than that? drop spindles? that drop me 2.5 inches right?
                        Ohh and those wheels are sold now, sorry haha

Comment

• drop spindles will get you about -3.5" but if you wanna be able to turn you'll need a narrowed beam. i have an Autowerks 4" balljoint on my 70 bay window and without drop spindles it'll drop it crazy far on the Beefcake adjusters. also i have a lightened flywheel in my bus and my advice is that its not a great idea because of the extra weight of a bus you WILL lose alot of momentum in between shifts but if you can shift quick you should be alright it just sucks if you ever have to go uphill in it haha

Comment

• I actually bought beefcake adjusters but i decided i didnt want them, im actually going to sell them.. but I really want to go low and not have to do anything else. I took out the 2 bottom torsion springs on the top and the 2 bottom on the bottom tube as well. that still wont get me too low?

Comment

• I like stockies+ whitewalls over everything on aircooleds. But do it up how you like, it's yours after all.

Flickr

Comment

• pulling torsions will only get you so far before something breaks..go narrow with adjusters and spindles, then small tires and notch

Comment

Working...
                                X