The Great White Shark- My Bagged Tiburon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Great White Shark- My Bagged Tiburon

So, I've been a member here for while now but never truly introduced myself or my car to you all. I've been on air for almost a year now and love it. It truly makes the car a joy to drive and it constantly breaks necks, lol.

My car is a 2007 Hyundai Tiburon that I have owned since September of 2010. I have been through every suspension set up that was possible before going to air. Struts and springs didn't last but a few months due to dead struts and BAD rubbing, so I went to D2 coilovers. I was extremely pleased with those and rode on them for almost a year before deciding that static life on bad roads was no longer my lifestyle, hahahaha. So I came here and learned about bags and read other places and got sold. I purchased my bags direct from D2 (they are dedicated air struts with adjustable bodies and 36 way dampening) and my management from Bagriders. I run the Airlift Autopilot V2 management with a single Viair 444c compressor and Accuair 5 gallon tank. My hatch is a disaster and I need to clean it up which I will be doing soon. I plan on doing a hardwood floor setup but have some questions before I do it. Maybe you guys have some input on that idea? Anyway, comments, criticism, and whatever else are welcome! On to the pictures!

Static life:

Bagged life:

MB Battles are my current wheels, 527's were my first set and have been sold.
    Originally posted by RubbderDucky
    I love being able to say I built my car to the way I wanted it, then others got enjoyment out of it as well. It brings a smile to my face when others enjoy my ride as much as I do.

Looks great!

Blacking out the area around the fog lights and getting a better fitting front lip is the only thing I would change. Nice FL2, I always thought that the front looked a bit aston martin ish.

Which engine does it have, and what mods?

𝔣𝔬𝔩𝔩𝔬𝔴 𝔪𝔢
    @𝔳𝔦𝔳𝔢_𝔪𝔢𝔪𝔬𝔯_𝔩𝔢𝔱𝔦

Comment

Originally posted by rice4life View Post
      Looks great!

Blacking out the area around the fog lights and getting a better fitting front lip is the only thing I would change. Nice FL2, I always thought that the front looked a bit aston martin ish.

Which engine does it have, and what mods?
      Thanks! The front lip is really the only accessible one here in the states and shipping from Korea is highway robbery, lol. The pictures don't do it justice honestly. It's so aggressive in person that it just pops the whole car. It's the 4 cylinder model with just a Weapon-R SRI and ARK catback. Hoping to boost it when I can get another DD.
      I love being able to say I built my car to the way I wanted it, then others got enjoyment out of it as well. It brings a smile to my face when others enjoy my ride as much as I do.

Comment

I love it! Just not sure about the bumper all white thing, but other than that its mint!
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AWH0927 View Post
          Thanks! The front lip is really the only accessible one here in the states and shipping from Korea is highway robbery, lol. The pictures don't do it justice honestly. It's so aggressive in person that it just pops the whole car. It's the 4 cylinder model with just a Weapon-R SRI and ARK catback. Hoping to boost it when I can get another DD.
          The beta2 is an awesome engine hahaha.

Check out this video.
          [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZh-w70f43A"]01 Elantra Turbo vs 04 STI Dig Race - YouTube[/ame]
          That's lucian and he has a boosted XD elantra 4 speed auto that was his daily. He installed the turbo kit at about 190k miles, and ran it hard for about a year as his DD, and now he's building the block for even more boost.

It also got the same gas mileage as it did when it was NA as well

Yeah, I know about that shipping from korea, I was looking at getting a roadruns lip for my old elantra a few years ago, but with shipping it was $1300

Is yours a 5 speed or an auto?
          Last edited by rice4life; 07-06-2014, 06:01 AM.

𝔣𝔬𝔩𝔩𝔬𝔴 𝔪𝔢
          @𝔳𝔦𝔳𝔢_𝔪𝔢𝔪𝔬𝔯_𝔩𝔢𝔱𝔦

Comment

great,I love it! Just not sure about the bumper all white thing, but other than that its mint! thanks

Comment

That Elantra is nasty!! And yeah, that shipping is insane. I was looking at paying triple what the lip I wanted was worth in shipping and just couldn't justify it.

Mine is the 5 speed.

Comment

This is a great white shark!
                90 E34 535i/5 OZ Futura, BC coils
                x '91 E34, BBS replica + BC Racing coilovers

Comment

Originally posted by Vegardb View Post
                  This is a great white shark!
                  This I agree with,

Comment

looks good man, a lil too much going on in the front for my taste, but the battles look good!

Instagram: @half_lung

Comment

Look who it is! Good looking car sir! Sad this is my first post... kinda sad I guess. Whatever.

Comment

^^Haha, glad to see you here, Nate. Thanks for the input everyone! Should be starting my hardwood floor project this week.

Comment

Like others have said if you plasti dip or paint that center grille / fog light area I think it would set the front end off a lot better. Your car looks nice though.
                          Instagram : @SHMVNY_GVNG

Comment

Working...
                          X