Bagging my 07 Impreza 2.5i Wagon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bagging my 07 Impreza 2.5i Wagon

10-5 - Fixed my servers, images should work - tubbing shots on last page! Updated some pics too...

Hey everyone, my name is John. I'm the systems/network admin and website dude at Bag Riders. I met Will, Rali and Kevin our freshman year of college where we lived in the same dorm and we've been best of friends since. Through spending a lot of time with those guys over the past years, my interest in cars, modding and stance began to grow.

For roughly the past year I've looked with envy upon my roommate Kevin's Bagged 05 Impreza RS. We've discussed putting my wagon on air before, and finally that time has come! When we returned to the shop in the wee-morning hours after WaterWerks NW and TailoredSeattle (which was an AWESOME time!) a set of D2 struts were waiting at the shop (thank you Lindsey!), and so, the project began.

Here's what I'm starting with - 2007 Subaru Impreza 2.5i Wagon in Urban Grey. I took this picture real quick in the parking garage this morning so I could get started on this build thread

UPDATE - Results!

Most these shots are pre-tubbing...
    Photo Credit on the legit shots goes to Taylor Menezes (aka tstacks) - Thanks man!

Moar to come!

Day 1 - Planning it Out
    I use my car to transport drums, amps and various other pieces of musical gear and/or large stuff quite frequently, so one of my main goals of this installation is to not lose any trunk space. I thought putting everything in the spare compartment under the bed of the trunk would be ideal as well as super clean/tucked, so we began by playing around with various layouts for the largest pieces of equipment. We had a 3 gallon tank kickin around the shop which we found to tuck perfectly against the rear wall of the compartment, so we designed the rest of the layout around that.

We began by mounting the compressor (VIAIR 400c) on pieces of rubber tubing to help mitigate noise resonating throughout the open cabin. Now would be a good time to announce that these pictures are taken with a Droid and haven't seen Photoshop, so my apologies for the lack of sexyness.

The spare was used to trace out and cut a circular piece of MDF, which we then measured and cut out sections for the compressor and tank. The center bolt will make a nice grounding point as well!

Kevin, screwin' away.

At the end of day 1, we have a solid vision of how the rest of the management will be laid out. I'm hoping to leave room for an amp and cap, which I don't see being much of an issue.
    Last edited by johnrocs; 10-06-2011, 11:46 AM.
    - Call us at: 802 . 735 . 2574 - Email us at: sales@bagriders.com - - // - - We're open: Monday - Friday 9:00 - 5:00 Eastern -

subscribed

Comment

Oh shit!

Comment

awwww yeah!

Comment

Modding away after work tonight! Updates tomorrow
          - Call us at: 802 . 735 . 2574 - Email us at: sales@bagriders.com - - // - - We're open: Monday - Friday 9:00 - 5:00 Eastern -

Comment

sick

Comment

do work

subb'd

Comment

This should turn out well. Do you already have a set of wheels in mind? Sticking with the stockers?

Comment

Interesting. Not many Subie guys willing to bag their cars. I cant wait.

Comment

cant wait to see this! been trying to convince my wife to let me bag hers lol

Comment

Sub'd. I like the fact that the only two bagged Subies (that i'm aware of) will be parked in the same parking lot next to one another
                      MB Obsidian Black Metallic Crossfire SRT-6
                      Instagram - @osshwa

Comment

^^^ we're actually roommates too, so same driveway also

Comment

hey dude! one ups to you! I was planning to do the very same thing, but I got over it quick when I got the itch that my wagon could never pull off the VIP look I wanted.

can't wait to see how this turns out! please don't be like others and tuck 8 inch wide wheels, put some real wheels under there!

Comment

Thanks for the support everyone!

Originally posted by Flashpoint_RX7 View Post
                            This should turn out well. Do you already have a set of wheels in mind? Sticking with the stockers?
                            Thanks! I've ordered a set of 18 x 9.5 Rota T2R Hyperblacks for the time being (they should be here today/tomorrow), but I've got my eye's on a set of Rotiform 3pc super concave NUE's somewhere down the road Maybe next year sometime... Oh, and for tires I'll be stretchin on 215x40's.

Originally posted by Richard_Gud. View Post
                            hey dude! one ups to you! I was planning to do the very same thing, but I got over it quick when I got the itch that my wagon could never pull off the VIP look I wanted.

can't wait to see how this turns out! please don't be like others and tuck 8 inch wide wheels, put some real wheels under there!
                            Thanks a lot man! I've got a couple other exterior mods in line to try and give the wagon a little bit more of an aggressive look, as well as some interior mods to add to the feel of the car. I'll be sure to update the thread with how those go and see what you think! Don't worry, the wheels will be 9.5's

Day 2 - A bit more Management

Day 2 started with finding a good place for the AccuAir manifold and ECU. We decided on this positioning, which leaves ample room for sensors to come off the back of the manifold and provides a nice straight path for the air lines to avoid any tight bends.

I decided to go with the rocker switch system, I like the simplicity and the ability to tuck the button where I want, rather than have an extra device (i.e. touch pad) somewhere in the car. The rocker switch sits perfectly in one of the OEM slots located to the left of the steering wheel. I decided against installing the rocker switch where seat heater switches would go, as I feared one day I may accidently bump it with a coffee cup or a curious/unaware passenger may hit it and result in massive smashing on the highway. This location is out of the way of those risks but also easily accessible! I'm diggin the OEM Plus look.

I ran the wiring harness for the rocker switch and 12volt wire along the driver side inside the paneling, I plan on using the passenger side for the front air lines and sensor arm lines. It is quite spacious in there if you move a couple wires around!

With only a small notch in the styrofoam in the trunk both wires tucked in there real nice!

The ECU and manifold aren't bolted down yet in this picture, but here is where we left off at the end of Day 2. Next up is a bit more wiring, then getting started on air lines!
                            Last edited by johnrocs; 09-14-2011, 01:18 PM. Reason: typo's

Comment

She's getting there!

- www.bagriders.com - Email us at: sales@bagriders.com -

- Did you find a lower price? We Price Match! -

Comment

Working...
                              X