No announcement yet.

Rusty's Build Thread [250+ photos]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question out of curiosity because I only have experience with fwd trans-axles, but with all the custom work done wouldnt it have made sense to raise the rear diff an inch or 2 while you were in there cuttin everything up? Or would a drive shaft not work like that?
    Originally posted by JC.
    'Stance' doesn't have to be scraping your car along the floor, that is simply the scene that has caught on. As long as your car looks amazing (in your eyes) while your rolling down the street, that is your own personal perfect stance.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

• Don't worry guys, rusty is now a Zombie looking for brains, When he finds his brain, he will, once again be, Rusty Slammington.

A zombie version of rusty would actually be quite sick!

Comment

• rusty is tha bommmmmmm
        love from belgium

Comment

• Originally posted by X5X View Post
          Don't worry guys, rusty is now a Zombie looking for brains, When he finds his brain, he will, once again be, Rusty Slammington.
          Truth right here. I think this thread and the story of Rusty is enough to show that it takes more than fire to kill this car, I wouldn't be at all surprised to see a comeback in '11.

Comment

• any tips on a rusting solution?

Comment

• Originally posted by yanikenzie View Post
              any tips on a rusting solution?
              One long salty Canadian winter.
              91 Golf Rebuild - slow as fuck right now

Comment

• hahahaha so completely true

Comment

• First i gotta say sickest car i have ever seen! and the bravo to you for being able to go all the that work. I seen this car before i was even on Stanceworks and i had no idea the amount of work that u put into this thing, and now that isee everything a total new respect for you! R.I.P Rusty ....hope to see another epic car from you!

Comment

• Alright im gonna start this off and say im sorry tooo hear about the fire its horrible too lose something you put blood sweat and tears into... Now in my opinion i **** this car i feel that the car is not my style and i think you should have let it go when it was totalled and ever since the roof got cut i ***** the way it looked and i think your nuts too have put soo much work into such a junk car.... Now before i get flamed and bum rushed to each there own and i commend Mike for not caring what some people might think and he had fun with somthing that he himself like no matter what some people may think.. I mean lets be honest there are some people out there like myself that arent into this kind of stuff... I will say that the story behind this car and the amount of work put into this build and all the lives and emotions this car has inspired and touched is amazing and this is one of the most inspirational builds and threads ive ever seen on the net ... I literally enjoyed reading the whole story for the 45 min it took me too go through it all... Thank you for sharing the story with all that being said goodluck with future plans and once again sorry about the tragedy Mike my prayers go out too you and your friends who lost everything you guys had in that garage

Comment

• Originally posted by renngolf View Post
                      One long salty Canadian winter.
                      true but thats 4 -5 months away LOL

Comment

• Originally posted by blowntwofive View Post
                        Alright im gonna start this off and say im sorry tooo hear about the fire its horrible too lose something you put blood sweat and tears into... Now in my opinion i **** this car i feel that the car is not my style and i think you should have let it go when it was totalled and ever since the roof got cut i ***** the way it looked and i think your nuts too have put soo much work into such a junk car.... Now before i get flamed and bum rushed to each there own and i commend Mike for not caring what some people might think and he had fun with somthing that he himself like no matter what some people may think.. I mean lets be honest there are some people out there like myself that arent into this kind of stuff... I will say that the story behind this car and the amount of work put into this build and all the lives and emotions this car has inspired and touched is amazing and this is one of the most inspirational builds and threads ive ever seen on the net ... I literally enjoyed reading the whole story for the 45 min it took me too go through it all... Thank you for sharing the story with all that being said goodluck with future plans and once again sorry about the tragedy Mike my prayers go out too you and your friends who lost everything you guys had in that garage
                        Cool story, bro.

Comment

• Originally posted by ChristopherJason View Post
                          true but thats 4 -5 months away LOL
                          only 4-5 and that's pretty depressing isn't it? Fuck this climate.
                          91 Golf Rebuild - slow as fuck right now

Comment

• N
                            Originally posted by M.Burroughs View Post
                            September 27, 2010

Rusty is revealed once again, this time with a 5" chopped top, 4" more drop, new, one-off gold-plated 17" ronal racing splits, a diesel-rubbed body, and a fresh new interior.

sigpic

Comment

• i might just read this thread every week just for inspiration, pure amazing
                              BMW E38
                              That White Evo
                              -SOLD
                              instagram @kbuss
                              flickr

Comment

• this car is more than amazing and truly inspirational. the amount of work and ideas that has gone into this build is amazing keep it up cant wait to see what you come up with next.

Comment

Working...
                                X