No announcement yet.

The worst possible buy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I really enjoy your level of enthusiasm and optimism.

Comment

Its already coming together nicely. What do you plan to swap in there? SR20? RB? or something insane?

Comment

Originally posted by oilcover View Post
        Its already coming together nicely. What do you plan to swap in there? SR20? RB? or something insane?
        Not telling

Comment

Just tell us already, I'd say your welding isn't bad.

Comment

I'm in admiration of your determination and willingness to just get stuck in. This would have daunted a lot of people, so congratulations. Your progress looks solid, unlike the floor pan did.

Your sense of humor also tickles me. You'd get on well in the UK

I'm subbed

Comment

Looks to be a good time, im going to hang around and see what comes of it. The determination is a good start!!

------------------Buick Grand National Build--------------------

--------------The War Wagon W124 E320 Wagon----------

Comment

Originally posted by WhiteChocolate View Post
                Not telling

ooooh..so suspenseful haha. seriously though man, good work so far.

Comment

I figured the interior paint job went so well, why not do the engine bay while I'm at it...

And I pulled the gas tank so I could replace the pump and just do a general clean up of the tank.

This is an oem pump, I don't think it was the original though do to the wire crimps..

This is the new pump, little smaller but higher flow (255 lph) it's a walbro pump

Then I welded some more professional masterpieces in the engine bay. These are pieces that were rusted out of the shock towers, I cut out the bad and put back.. some bad?

Fuel tank out, good luck getting it out with anything less than a 24 foot long breaker bar for the Earth size rusted bolts

Then I took it outside to install my off-road suspension, looks pretty good, might go a little higher later (as is stanceworks tradition)

There's my daily 11 honda crz beast creeping in the back...

For added fun, DO NOT plug the wire harness firewall holes or the heater hose holes while you power wash the oil/grease out of the engine bay.

Did a little power washing and sanding, wow, cleaned up nicer than expected.

Back in the paint booth for prep work and primer

Oh I forgot to mention, I pulled off the brake booster and painted the shit out of it with a crinkle black. Looks brand new.

Also replaced the old hard lines with new fuel lines

New master cylinder for the clutch (just so I can get more power to the slave if I want a bigger puck..) as well as the fuel lines in the earlier picture. The kit also came with a fuel filer, which I guess is somewhat important I've heard. #happybirthdayme

Stripped this bolt... Going to jump off a cliff

This is the progression of my happiness as I arrive at the shop to begin a full day of uninterrupted car work with my lil bro, to finding a single stripped bolt on the smallest task.. That leads to hours of cutting, digging in the bottom of the tank for the other piece of the bolt, and then driving into town to all the closed stores to find a single bolt that's size and thread pitch apparently doesn't exist, so I end up using zip ties and then quitting/crying. (see below)

(initial drive to shop)

Making awesome progress until finding the stripped bolt

Everytime I start making progress and then I find a stripped bolt

The bolts like...

And I'm like...

That's all for tonight, more later. I'm incredibly anxious to get this thing rolling.

Comment

this showed up

Comment

v8 240? cause thats so fucking creative

i love it

Comment

Any other time I see a v8 in a 240 i **** it. But im a part of your build thread so i love it ! I more.. NOW
                        Camberglerz
                        SedanKingz
                        Instagram: @thee_blackmann

Comment

At least youre persistant....this is turning out better then anticipated. What are the details on the motor? Full rebuild?
                          Instagram : @SHMVNY_GVNG

Comment

Keep this momentum up mate, this is escalating quickly!

Comment

Comment

Your GIFs make me coming back here

j.k. the progress too
                                Lucas
                                Daily: 2004 Pontiac GTO. . . . . . . . . Daily Econobox: 2009 Mini Clubman Cooper
                                Originally posted by LCG
                                High 21! It's like a high 5 but includes both hands, both feet and a boner.

Comment

Working...
                                X