• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• so awesome

Comment

• Awesome build!

Comment

• Thanks guys for all the compliments. The next few weeks will be body work and wiring and exhaust work. Then some 1080i sparking videos!
        sigpic

Comment

• Still waiting on the driveshaft and shocks to come in. So this a free labor week.
          Stripping pain down to bare metal.

just signed up to instagram so I am messing with the photo editing

sigpic

Comment

• Awesome build. I love everything about this.

Comment

• My face melted when I watched the video, fucking awesome.

A word of advice on the bondo- don't lay it too thick! Bondo will crack and fall off if you lay it on the firewall too thick, as it will be exposed to a lot of vibration and heat.
              BB6 Prelude . . E36 ///M3 . . VA WRX Limited . . 1969 Nova
              Originally posted by Ollie
              We all love to turn heads. Sub-consciously we're all materialistic attention-craving dickheads.

Comment

• thanks! The bondo is as thick as the sheetmetal. I am riding like this for a year or two then it will be professionally painted, if issues arise at that time, I will let the body shop rework it.
                sigpic

Comment

• Love C10 and air ride!!

Comment

• Awesome pick up, i'll follow your next steps!
                    I'd love to have one like this, but here in germany it's really hard to find a good one which is not too expensive

Comment

• awesome

Comment

• Before
                        Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App

After

still need some more sanding and a few low spots need putty.
                        Cut the frame 20" today!!!!!!! its gonna be a shortbed!!!!!!!
                        sigpic

Comment

• such a sick project

subbed

Comment

• Well I will keep this post short. Like 20" short!!!!!!
                            Truck has been shortened to factory shortbed frame and wheel base length. 8" out of the back frame 12" out of the frame before the back tires.
                            Boxed on the inside, vertical weld was were the battery tray was and will go back.

Rear shortened

Long bed

Short bed

Front of long bed

front shot of short

Engine is out for firewall finishing.

5 min job, will do more sanding and blocking later

Front and rear bumpers strpped to bare metal, etched, high build for now, then matte white next week
                            Last edited by yusoslo; 12-19-2011, 09:27 PM.
                            sigpic

Comment

• Looks like you got a little bit of toe-in up front
                              Originally posted by M.Burroughs
                              I'd have to say this site was founded on building the cars we wanted to build, despite if the rest of the car community liked it or not. This site was founded on freedom of automotive self expression and the passion that goes in to each and every build... This site is about doing what you like, whatever makes you happy, and not caring about what other people think...

Comment

• yup, steering rack is out, we have to tub the firewall because the tires are hitting. Waiting on custom rear trailing arm crossmember to fit under cab. Tub firewall, tub inner fenders, raise bed floor and raise rear tubs. Then wire and crank!

I have gotten carried away stripping everything to bare metal and building up from there. Spend 4 hours on the cab and 2 on the hood, I should have soda blasted the damn thing!!!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X