18x8.5 18x9.5 Help please!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 18x8.5 18x9.5 Help please!

Hi I have a 06 rsx type s. It wasn't in my mind to go stagger set up but to make it all fit without too much camber I had to lower my front wheel spec to a lower width for this is my daily. Well to start off I will be purchasing 3sdm 0.06 18x8.5 +35 18x9.5 +35 both 5x100. I understand my car is a 5x114.3 but they did not have that spec in the list and I'm willing to do the extra mile to make myself happy. I have read plenty forms that once the rsx past 9" in width when the wheel turns it gets slight rubs. the lowest wheel adapters is only 23-25 mm everywhere I have searched giving it a 1 inch more poke making the wheels act as if they are 1" wider. If there was a way I could order smaller adaptors then I would run 18x9.5 all around. But I heard that you would have to shave the remaining bolt off that was left over and I wasn't quite sure if that was safe or not? I know as it is adaptors add more stress but life is short have fun.

But just to kind of sum up my questions.
    What adaptor company is preferred and what size in mm?

What tire sizes would you recommend?
    (I do want a nice stretch but not to the extreme this is my daily.)
    I was thinking 205/35/18 F and 215/35/18 R wasent sure if the sidewalls would match or be close in appearance.

What else would I have to order other than Camber kits, etc.

Any other advice you have feel free to say it.

(just a little something on my planned build)
    3sdm 0.06
    Aspec front lip with chin lip
    Mugen side skirt
    Mugen rear lip with 3rd brake light
    ill have a re painted premium pearl white paint job
    rewire 05-06 taillight to a double light up
    and more

Thanks again whoever can help me out!

Have you considered contacting 3SDM to see if they would be willing to machine your lug holes to the right PCD? Seems like they might be willing for a small additional fee, and it would simplify things dramatically.

You might fish around on tyrestretch.com and take a look at tire options for your wheel widths. It's hard to make a recommendation without knowing the amount of stretch you like. But as a datapoint, I run 205-40-18 Neo Gens on 8.5" wheels and I like the look, though I don't care for extreme tire stretch.

Comment

Working...
    X