Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

That feel when it's not a real VIP platform.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That feel when it's not a real VIP platform.

Made the trip out to the Mazda Fitment/Fitted Mazdas mid-atlantic meet in Centreville VA over the weekend. About a 5 hour drive for me; car ate a wheel bearing on the way back and it definitely was unhappy about the bumper coming loose every time I hit a pothole but I made it.

Finally some non-potato shots of the car, with more low and Eurolines. Note: Windshield banner is not permanent. Literally stuck it on at the meet for shits and giggles.

Questions/comments/concerns? Also my buddy Scott aka grimefunk on here (with the bagged white 6) shot most of these pics. Thanks guys!

Look at the height of that stock one!

Audi S5 daily | Audi UrS6 project | instagram @benznotmercedes

I'd like to see that wing disappear or transform into a duckbill style. Something more subtle. But, other than that, I like it.
    stanceworks: I don't really fit in.

Comment

I can certainly dig this. It's the first time I've seen that body style, and like it. Nice work man! License plate made me laugh.

Comment

Originally posted by driftsucky View Post
        I'd like to see that wing disappear or transform into a duckbill style. Something more subtle. But, other than that, I like it.
        Thanks. Mazda is not known for the subtlety of its OEM spoilers. I may try a spoiler delete. As far as duckbill goes it would just have to be a small trunk lip spoiler unless one was custom made.

Originally posted by B Rod View Post
        I can certainly dig this. It's the first time I've seen that body style, and like it. Nice work man! License plate made me laugh.
        Appreciate it!

Comment

Kind of a super sports version of a vip, imo. It's pretty clean and love the color but the wheels look like they could use a clean and polish

Comment

I dig it.. +1 On going wingless.

instagram: jerrychoochoo

Comment

Originally posted by peter_werks View Post
              Kind of a super sports version of a vip, imo. It's pretty clean and love the color but the wheels look like they could use a clean and polish
              Believe me, they could. Typical clearcoated Eurolines that need to be stripped and polished. I used some polishing compound on the faces; they're at least better than they were before.

I know the car isn't even close to VIP but that's the direction I'm trying to go with it. Of course it can only be "VIP inspired" because it isn't a legit platform.

Comment

Loved seeing this car at SoWo. And it looks great on the Eurolines, the bodylines this car has are amazing.
                2010 135i | Alpine White | Coral Red | 6MT | Bagged

Build | Instagram: fifty3bags

Comment

Comment

Loved this thing since day one. Make that front emblem chrome again!
                    IG: ashtonlafleur

Comment

Your car looks stunning from behind. Very nice.
                      BB6 Prelude . . E36 ///M3 . . VA WRX Limited . . 1969 Nova
                      Originally posted by Ollie
                      We all love to turn heads. Sub-consciously we're all materialistic attention-craving dickheads.

Comment

nc stand up!
                        see you at dankfest!

Comment

Originally posted by aLaFleur View Post
                          Loved this thing since day one. Make that front emblem chrome again!
                          Maybe I will. I forgot why I made it black in the first place. I think I was going to paint the fog light surrounds to match. Haha

Originally posted by MommysLittleMonster View Post
                          Your car looks stunning from behind. Very nice.
                          Means a lot. Thank you. It's probably just the non potato pics.

Originally posted by BlondieDread! View Post
                          nc stand up!
                          see you at dankfest!
                          Should be fun! If the car doesn't eat another wheel bearing that is.

-----------------

For those wondering why there's no stretch: The wheels are really odd specs. 19x8 +5 19x9 +10. This makes for pretty aggressive fitment but I obviously can't rely on tire stretch or camber to make shit fit. I'm still trying to find camber arms for this car/get them imported to the States. To be honest, I kind of like making things fit without camber if possible.
                          Last edited by rightfullrudder; 07-16-2014, 10:20 AM.

Comment

Looking good Ben!

It's a work in progress^
                            Instagram: @jared_hin

The Snaab: Saab 9-5 Build Thread
                            Battle Stanced '67 Mercury Cougar

Comment

Looks good man. Nice to see different platforms getting modded. Current setup looks awesome.

+1 to the spoiler delete comments though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X