Z4 Dilema

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Z4 Dilema

Im about 8 weeks out from getting my new car which will be a 3.0 Z4 E85. .. Excited is not the word

Anyway, first item to be purchased (and probably fitted on the same day of collection ) is coilovers!

As with the Focus, it needs to be low. Bags are future purcahse but for the set i want im looking @ over £3k just for the kit, i have other things to buy first.

However, unlike the Focus, this car is being done properly. What spring rate are people running on beemers (or any car in general) that are slammed? I had the Focus on ebay coilovers and no helpers and they were pretty stiff, but the plastic splitter still hit the ground every so often.

For ref: http://www.iputinwork.com/?p=15638#

That is a E86 Z4M running 18" wheels .. im tossing between 18" or 19" as both fit very nicely.. but im looking to run that sort of front end hight regardless. This car is static on KW clubman coilovers.

What spring rate do you reckon ?

Sorry dude, but you're on your own as no one has really experimented with lows and spring rates on this chassis. I just helped my friend decide rates for his 135 and we found most coil companies used something around 6k/10k. If you're wanting to be low and have aggressive fitment, I'd just go stiff with a similar f/r ratio.
    025garage

Comment

thought that might be the case
      will probably rock 12 all round to start with and just roll hard til i can afford the airrex kit

Comment

Working...
      X