Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm so glad i took a year off from school to build up some cash. and it worked for me,
    my education costs me around €1.8K a year, and i'm done in 2 years when i'm 22. with a good change of a decent job afterwards.

So i'm kinda curious in what you get for a $100K College?

i shouldn't be daily driving this:
    "Volkswagen Golf mk1 build thread"

Comment

• Originally posted by Kielan View Post
      Building the B5 will be a long term thing, and I will be buying things as I can. 335 assuming this job does indeed come through shouldn't be a big thing. My minimum payment for school loans isn't that outrageous. I have money in savings that I'm going to tap into a bit for after I graduate so I can make a nice downpayment on the car, and have a pretty reasonable payment. I won't be moving out until probably winter of this year as well so I have some time to get on my feet and get everything all sorted out. I've thought about this for a long time.

Do yo thing playa!

Comment

• Originally posted by DutchieSaxo View Post
        I'm so glad i took a year off from school to build up some cash. and it worked for me,
        my education costs me around €1.8K a year, and i'm done in 2 years when i'm 22. with a good change of a decent job afterwards.

So i'm kinda curious in what you get for a $100K College?
        The US is dramatically different in how it approaches it's education, it is not even close to remotely paid for by the government. We receive pretty much the same level of education.
        - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

• you're right about that, i even get support from the government for going to college. if i'll drop out i have to pay them back but when i graduate they'll see the financial support as a gift.

but seriously holy crap, with that in mind it's a shitload of money for something that doesn't even guarantees you a job. Even if you'll get a job you're in a$100k debt. Sorry to say but imho it seems like a weird way for the government to prepare the youth for a nice future.

i shouldn't be daily driving this:
          "Volkswagen Golf mk1 build thread"

Comment

• Originally posted by DutchieSaxo View Post
            you're right about that, i even get support from the government for going to college. if i'll drop out i have to pay them back but when i graduate they'll see the financial support as a gift.

but seriously holy crap, with that in mind it's a shitload of money for something that doesn't even guarantees you a job. Even if you'll get a job you're in a$100k debt. Sorry to say but imho it seems like a weird way for the government to prepare the youth for a nice future.
            He also went to a school out of state and stayed in the dorms the whole time IIRC.

Would have been like 50k if he had gone to an in state school and commuted.
            It would have been more like 30k if he had gone to a two year school and transferred to a 4 year.
            Dude... My nissan has like a v8, man.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dudermagee View Post
              He also went to a school out of state and stayed in the dorms the whole time IIRC.

Would have been like 50k if he had gone to an in state school and commuted.
              It would have been more like 30k if he had gone to a two year school and transferred to a 4 year.
              Nah I lived off campus for 2 years.

Commuting to UCONN wouldn't have been an option, so that would have been like 22k a year. Going to a 2 year, would not have been ideal.

The experience that you get from going to a full 4 year, living away from home, etc is also something that was undeniably worth it to me.
              - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

• It is also well known that the education system in the US is complete shit.
                - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

Nah I lived off campus for 2 years.

Commuting to UCONN wouldn't have been an option, so that would have been like 22k a year. Going to a 2 year, would not have been ideal.

The experience that you get from going to a full 4 year, living away from home, etc is also something that was undeniably worth it to me.
                  And thats the kind of mindset that fucks alot of kids over.

That and worthless degrees.

Any kid of mine will be going to a two year school first then commuting to school and IDGAF if its an hour away.

Comment

• [QUOTE=Dudermagee;1301635]
                    QUOTE]

anthropology lol

Comment

And thats the kind of mindset that fucks alot of kids over.

Any kid of mine will be going to a two year school first then commuting to school and IDGAF if its an hour away.
                      Information Science and Technology. Not really worthless at all.
                      - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

If all else fails you could do Peace Corps. You'd be stuck in a shitty country for 2 years, but you'd leave with government status and government IT jobs are the shit.

Comment

Didn't say it was lol.

Originally posted by Jlyons617 View Post
                          If all else fails you could do Peace Corps. You'd be stuck in a shitty country for 2 years, but you'd leave with government status and government IT jobs are the shit.
                          They're okay.

Comment

They're okay.
                            Better than nothing. Pays well enough that he could start paying off the loans.

Comment

• I'll be getting my loans rather soon. Not looking forward to this.

Comment

• i **** researching so much

Comment

Working...
                                X