Slammed Ranger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Svenska94Aero View Post
    Sick truck man. Assuming it's a Duratec? What's the turbo setup?
    Originally posted by HooWybrow View Post
    Oh hell yes.

If you don't post engine bay shots, I'll cry.
    Firstly, thanks for all your comments.

This truck isn't finished yet, still have a lot things to do. Almost everything you guys said are things that I plan on doing, but been busy tuning the truck and doing other things. Lowering the back 1.5-2 inch more are also in my plans. I've also tought about removing the spot lights in the grill, they were there when I bought the truck..

For whats about the color matching of the lip, I am not really sure I want to do it, I think it looks nice like that, but putting lights in there for sure someday.

It is not a Duratec Svenska, it's the stock ranger 97 2.3 lima engine at first and was swapped from auto to 5sp manual, but I've played with it a bit.. HY35 turbo with Bo-Port 1.9 cam, P&P'ed head, custom intake, 80lbs injectors, water/meth inj, KB forged pistons with crower rods, GM LS6 valve springs, Spec stage 3+ clutch, 8.8 explorer rear with disc brakes with front swapped Sporttrac 12'' rotors and a big smile when I floor it..

Wheels are 16x10 -38 offset with 225/50 tires.

Heres a shot under the hood, not really clean but thats about it.

I will try getting the pics from my friend of the last photoshoot soon.
    Last edited by beluga420; 06-18-2012, 08:21 PM.

Comment

Exactly what I'm planning on doing with my truck. What suspension parts are you on? Were you stuck doing a notch to the frame? Truck looks great! For sure motivation to get mine done.

Comment

Djm dream beams 3'' inch drop on front + Cut belltech 2 inch drop coils for about 3.5 final with 4* camber/eccentrics adjuster with some pinto shocks. On rear the explorer diff gives 5 inch drop plus belltech leaf hangers for 4 inch more with nitro drop2 shocks.

I do have a c-notch even with it I have about 2-3 inch of travel on rear I may have to get a bigger notch if I drop it 2 inches more.

Comment

The rear bedsides look amazing. Details on the fender work?

IG: @_olliee

Comment

id take the bug guard, the walmart fog lights and the step bars off, but other than that, this thing is awesome, got any more details on the motor?

Comment

nice truck
              "The meaning of life is not simply to exist, to survive, but to move ahead, to go up, to achieve, to conquer."

Comment

Originally posted by Ollie View Post
                The rear bedsides look amazing. Details on the fender work?
                Front fenders are pulled by about 1, 1.5 inches and rolled. Bed were pulled about 2.5 inches by grinding the inner fender and pushed with a bottle jack and rewelded into place. This is redneck but it works and looks great.

Originally posted by 1988montecarloss View Post
                id take the bug guard, the walmart fog lights and the step bars off, but other than that, this thing is awesome, got any more details on the motor?
                Step bars are already removed you can see there not there anymore in the video.. Cheapo fog lights will go when I have time to, and bug guard I may try to see what it looks like without it.
                What other details you want on the engine?

Comment

Originally posted by beluga420 View Post
                  What other details you want on the engine?
                  i posted that before i saw the 2nd page haha

Comment

...iS Baller...

Comment

wow actually looks pretty decent. i approve!

Comment

The front lip looks kinda weird with the two holes but other than that awesome

Comment

HAHA, so random yet so bad ass
                          Real name is James

Comment

Originally posted by beluga420 View Post
                            Front fenders are pulled by about 1, 1.5 inches and rolled. Bed were pulled about 2.5 inches by grinding the inner fender and pushed with a bottle jack and rewelded into place. This is redneck but it works and looks great.
                            that's awesome but shiiit. I had a hardbody and wanted to do the same exact thing with my rear fenders. I could flex and pull the fenders way out so I wanted to weld it into place somehow to achieve the look you got but my friends called me a redneck. So I went to do it anyway but there ended up being way too much bondo Seriously love the way the rear quarters look man

IG: @_olliee

Comment

Keep the nerf bars! Funny seeing those things hovering off the pavement only by a few inches. haha

Nice truck!

-spatakula
                              (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ Y U NO LIKE SOLOAUTOMAG?!?!?!

Comment

so SICK! maybe taller tire in back too to fill that fender one way or another! love the front bumper.

and all black wheels =nice.
                                91 DiamondSchwartzMetallic S52 Slicktop, 91 Calypso M42, 89 Royalblau M20, 84 Euro E30, M535, Euro e24, ap1

www.RenownUSA.com
                                ig @rudestance / @renownusa

Comment

Working...
                                X