Top Speed Governor Removal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Top Speed Governor Removal?

It's a long shot, but, does anyone here know how/know someone who can remove the top speed governor on a 1995 E320? Yes I did do an AMG swap but it still has the same top speed governor it did with the old motor.

Just figured I would post this question up, I mean you never know right? Maybe one of the 10,000 members might know
    Last edited by HWY HNTR; 12-08-2010, 06:32 PM.
    Instagram: danimal._
    Mercedes Build Thread
    Falcon Build Thread

my best guess would be take it to a tuning place....otherwise good luck

Comment

Just out of curiosity......How fast?

Gordo.

Comment

If you know anyone/shops in your area that tune cars. That would be your best bet.

Comment

Originally posted by flemcadiddlehopper View Post
          Just out of curiosity......How fast?

Gordo.
          The governer is set at 130

And as far as local tuners they can't. It has something to do with the mercedes operating computer or something, renntech saidthey could do it, but they wan something like 5k to do it.
          Mercedes Build Thread
          Falcon Build Thread

Comment

1. sell car
            2. buy less complicated car
            3. ????????????
            4. profit

But seriously.... Its a merc, I would guess its would be something extremely simple no one knows about, or its just rediculously hard to locate and remove...
            Originally posted by anth
            Lucky they didn't come into your house and disrespect your whole family.

Comment

i've been this far with Mercedes, might as well stick with it. I'm so close I can taste it.
              Mercedes Build Thread
              Falcon Build Thread

Comment

swap in an LS1. problem solved.
                Originally posted by Jesus Christ
                he mustve enjoyed that bj.

i know for a fact you chubby bitches could suck the air bubbles out of a brake line

Comment

We'll look into it, PM us...

www.fluidmotorunion.com
                  www.stanceworks.com

Originally posted by Oxer
                  I'm pretty sure I will molest any exhaust systems you leave lying around

Comment

Originally posted by FluidMotorUnion View Post
                    We'll look into it, PM us...
                    wooord

sent ya a pm, going to plug in laptop now
                    Mercedes Build Thread
                    Falcon Build Thread

Comment

Originally posted by HWY HNTR View Post
                      It's a long shot, but, does anyone here know how/know someone who can remove the top speed governor on a 1995 E320? Yes I did do an AMG swap but it still has the same top speed governor it did with the old motor.

Just figured I would post this question up, I mean you never know right? Maybe one of the 10,000 members might know
                      I would be curious to know this too even though i have cis injection
                      1990 Mercedes 300CE- 24 valve

Comment

If you have a 722.5 gearbox there is a chance that it wont shift into 5th gear. What revs u have when u top out?
                        P.s. sorry about revival, but i suppose the issue has not been dealt with.

Comment

Originally posted by CrazyCripple View Post
                          If you have a 722.5 gearbox there is a chance that it wont shift into 5th gear. What revs u have when u top out?
                          P.s. sorry about revival, but i suppose the issue has not been dealt with.
                          wat?

To my knowledge the w124 never received the 722.5 trans with the overdrive. Now, my mom had a 1995 w140 S320 with the M104, and her car had the 722.5.

As far as revs when I'm topped out at the governor it's like, 3000 maybe, can't remember.
                          Mercedes Build Thread
                          Falcon Build Thread

Comment

I only have the 4 speed which i believe is the 722.3 and i got it up to 120 and it was reving about 4000-5000. never reached the governor though which is probably 130 also.
                            1990 Mercedes 300CE- 24 valve

Comment

Conski, you have a M104 or M103? M104 right? It might be just cause your car is older, that it revs higher. I'm pretty sure we either have different rear diffs (ratios) or it has to do with the egine, idk. But, we used to have a 1990 300E, with the M103 and it had a terrible top end, no joke, it was terrible at cruising on the highway.
                              Mercedes Build Thread
                              Falcon Build Thread

Comment

Working...
                              X